Grace made it home from camp. She loved it. She came home with stories from canoeing and getting stuck and being super excited that she got mail and a package at camp! I was glad to have all of my little chicks back in their nest. We picked her up Friday afternoon and Aaron flew home on Friday night.
Aaron thought he was being sneaky Saturday morning when we were lying in bed and he tells me that it is 10:30. YIKES! I hopped out of bed and ran to the shower. Grace had a scheduled eye dr. appt. at 11:30 so we had to get on the ball. Yeah right. I put in my contacts (I'm soo blind without them in) and took a shower. After I'm fully awake and walk into the bedroom and look at the clock. It was 8:00 AM! I had gotten up before 8:00 on a Saturday morning!!! Oh the drama! :)
We had choc. chip pancakes for breakfast and then started hanging pictures around the house. We have only a few left to do and then most everything will be done around here. We'll finish this weekend. I took Grace to the eye doctor. Ends up that she has her mommy's eyes and will be getting her glasses at the end of the week. Not real happy about that. Really. She was so disappointed about it until I told her that Aunt Jess has glasses and then it wasn't so uncool.
We came home...ate...just hung out. Then all 3 kids come running up to me in their swimsuits and yell, "Happy Anniversary, mom! We are going to the beach!!" It was so sweet. They packed a cooler full of junk food and sandwiches for dinner and we got in the car to go to Galveston Beach.
2 comments:
It was just yesterday! Congrats on 11 years! Looks like a great way to spend the day. Bring that clan to Colorado and we'll give you a night out while we play with the kiddos! Love you guys!
Aaron and the kids are so thoughtful. I am so glad that they took it up a notch from the Bueno drive through and took you to the beach... with a picnic to boot! Grace is going to be precious in glasses and I'm sure this will only increase the frequency of Brighton's 'symptoms'. Both girls want glasses so bad. The grass is always greener I guess, huh?
Post a Comment