Susannah is a Kindergartner!!
This morning was full of excitement and fun! Grace was ready for school before I could hardly turn around...Sus, on the other hand, is just like her mother and is a slow morning mover. They ate breakfast and went up to get dressed. I had to go up and check on Susie. She had put a t-shirt on under her dress because she was afraid her "girl parts" would show because her dress was too low. Okay, look at the pictures people...was not too low. Silly girl. I have made my girls paranoid with all of the tank tops that I wear under my dresses and low cut shirts! Oh well...better this than the opposite, I guess!
Parker and I walked Susie to her classroom and took the necessary 1st day of school pictures. You could tell she was ready for us to leave. Sus sat right down and got to work on her assignment and we were gone. That was it. I started to think about tearing up leaving her behind in that huge school (the school's here are WAY too big for my liking, but that is another post so I'm not getting on my soap box just yet) and then Parker wanted me to pick him up. He hugged my neck really hard and said, "It's okay, Parker is here." and he patted me on the back. Love that little man.
Susie is was acting like she was so ready for this day and I'm pretty sure she is...I just don't know how I'm doing with all of this quiet. Just me and Parkerman. WOW! Well...off to jump on the trampoline and have fun with him before it's his first day of Kindergarten. Grace and Susie's went by too fast as I'm sure his will too. Gotta take every fun time while I can!!
4 comments:
Glad the first day of school in a new school at that went so smoothly! What a sweet little Parker who comforted you as you sent Susie off to school! Makes my heart melt!
I have thought about you SO many times today!!! Parker's comment ALMOST convinces me that we need one more to fill that spot when Kendall zips off to Kindergarten soon. I am so glad it went well! But, I had no doubts that it would...your sweet girls would do great anywhere!!!! Still wish you were here, though!!!
Jonathan wouldn't even let me take him to kindergarten the first day. He went in on the bus with his brothers. sniff sniff
LOL - I jumped on the trampoline with Caroline that day too!
I just had to laugh at the pictures from breakfast - bright eyes and sleepy head! Too funny! I'm glad you are all doing good. But, like Mallory, I never had any doubts. You are wonderful parents.
Post a Comment