Thursday, August 13, 2009

Missing Grace!!

Grace is at camp this week! We really wanted her to go to Camp Takodah in Arkansas, but with the move and the sessions and the way they worked....well, it just didn't work out this summer. BUT! The first Sunday that we went to Cinco Ranch, Grace saw that the kids were going to camp and really wanted to go. My first thought, "I don't know ANY of these people and I don't even know if I want to go to church here!" But, it's church camp and alas...she is there this week and I'm sure she is having a blast! On Monday morning, Parker runs in my bedroom at 7:30 am..."MOMMY! Where is Grace?" He was quite worried about his big sister and the fact that she was not home to cuddle with him and then turn on the TV!! He can't wait for her to come home tomorrow and neither can I!!

Parker loves to be with Grace. They are quite the pair...I have countless pictures just like this one. He will sit and watch her play the DS and wait his turn! Of course, now he doesn't have to wait quite as long. Susie and Parker put their birthday money together and bought their own Nintendo DS. Aaron told them that they had to agree on a color (we thought they would argue about this for sure!) Literally, one minute later they came back with their decision. "We want the pink one, Mommy!" said Parker. PINK?? For my little boy. Come to find out, he just wanted a DS...he didn't care what color it was!! Smart guy. We bought a black Nerf cover for it anyway, so you really can't even see the pink.

I had to document all of the moving boxes...there was still another stack just as tall on the other side of the dining room and we gave a stack away to a friend and had the garage full of the boxes full of the packing paper! The moving guy who came to pick them up said that we had over 200....WOW! And we thought that we were pretty good at not keeping stuff! :) It is really nice to have everything unpacked. This next week is full of doctor appts, meet the teacher night and going to bed earlier to get ready for school to start!!

The kids all left for camp on Sunday morning before church in a big school bus!! Yikes!! I was a little shocked at that...I thought when they said chartered bus, it meant, you know, nice and big charted bus. A big yellow dog was not what I ever pictured...that made me a little leery, but I guess I'm over it now...

Aaron and Grace waiting to get on the bus...She was so excited to go to camp!!

She waved at us right before they left and then stuck her little nose in a book and didn't see all of us waving as they pulled out!! She does like to read!! We know she is having fun at Camp Bandina and but we can't wait for them to pull up in the church parking lot tomorrow afternoon!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have teary eyes! She such a cool kid. Most kids would have been terrified of even thinking about doing what Grace did with a HUGE smile on her face. Can't wait to hear all about her week at camp.

Shellie Salza said...

What a brave, sweet, fun, confident girl you have...just like her Mama!

Glad to hear you're getting settled!

Jen Mall said...

WOW! And I can't even get my kid to sleep down the hall by himself!!!! LOVE that girl! Miss ya'll!