Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!

1. I can hear the birds singing right outside of my window. That is it...not another sound and it is wonderful!

2. Aaron took Grace to school this morning. I know, he does it everyday, what is the big deal? Big deal, I don't have to get 2 other little ones out of bed and I can sit and enjoy my morning! Thanks honey!!

3. Aaron is such the spiritual leader in our family. Last night he sat in the office studying for an online devotional that he is doing for next week, while I cleaned the kitchen and watched TV...I'm so proud of him and the way he guides our family. Here is a link to Shout Hallelujah
You can check it out---different people write online devotionals, once a week and you can read through the New Testament this year. My cousin, Kathryn, did this week's post and it's great.

4. Susannah just very quietly snuck down the stairs and gave me a big hug. I love that sweet little girl and I love our quiet times together.

5. I'm thankful that our family had a great time together last week for Spring Break. Between company, Six Flags, the ER and Easter it was a wonderful week!!

6. I'm beginning to love the mornings with Grace and that is saying a LOT for me, the non-morning person of the family. She comes in at 7 every morning and gets me up to fix her hair. Yes, she gets herself up with her alarm clock...She is so funny, she told me the other day, "Mom, I'm really tired of the way my alarm clock ALARMS me in the morning. Can you get me one that will quietly wake me up with music, like yours?" This morning was a great morning of just chatting and getting her ready.

7. My coffee. I know, silly, but really I am so thankful for my coffee...I sit here, type, enjoy the quiet time and drink my favorite beverage. Why not be thankful for that, too?? You know you are too...just admit it here!!

8. I'm thankful for Aaron's job. But more, I'm thankful that I get to stay home while he goes off to drive in a little traffic and go to work. I get to be with the kids all day and be involved in their activities. Here is a cool one...Grace's class is going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Children's theater and I was one of the parent's names that was drawn to go!! I'm so excited!!

9. I'm thankful that Parker's head is healing despite the fact that the little man pulled off the Dermabond the second day that he had it put on...yes, you can pull it off, did you know that?? Did you also know that you can't put it back on or have it re-applied after 12 hours? So, now he just wears little butterfly band-aids and will have a really cool little boy scar! Love that kid!!

10. I'm thankful for my family. I love Aaron and my sweet kids that I've already mentioned, but also my parents who gave me all that I have...an education, a love for the Lord and a great start in this thing we call Life. They are part of who I am and I'm so thankful for all of my blessings.

Now it is your turn! Go to x-box wife and get the button and post it on your page and go back and link to hers so you can see how many other people are thankful today, as well!! It will make your week better!!

7 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Love this list!! Seems we are all very thankful for our awesome hubbies today!!!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I, too, am thankful for a good cup of coffee. And what a great blessing it is that we have the ability to stay home with our kids. :)

Jill said...

I need a perk me up first thing in the morning too! Mine is not coffee though... I prefer an energy drink! I love the smell of coffee & make it for Brando, but can't handle the taste!

Anonymous said...

Great list of things to be thankful for! I can feel your love for your family...and coffee-hehe! I am thankful for my coffee this morning too!

Jessica said...

I am thankful for lots....but, I am thankful that you finally bought yourself a new pair of adorable blue shoes......
you look lovely in them!
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Coffee! I just posted about coffee because I forgot about Ten Things Tuesday. I'm going to have to do better at remembering, but I guess for yesterday, coffee was the 10 things I'm thankful for--because I adore it that much!
(I'm adding you to my link list today!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! Just wanted to tell you that my boyfriend and his family bleed orange too. I just bought Jedd (my bf) and his Dad orange Tennessee crocs-lol! They both have a closet of their own dedicated to their orange clothes-aaahhh! My blood is pretty orange too-lol! Go Vols!