Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!

Here we are again, it's Tuesday!! It is time to remember what I am thankful for this week and mainly just this morning to help start my day out the right way!! Thanks to Mrs. Brownstone @ X-Box wife for hosting this carnival!!


1. It's raining!! I'm so thankful that we could wake up to the sound of the rain. Sleeping in during the rain is so relaxing.

2. Okay, I mentioned that we got to sleep in during the rain...that means it is Spring Break! A week just to have fun with my family and friends. So fun!

3. Grace and Parkerman are upstairs playing together. Grace is usually at school during the day so Parker is with Susie and myself most of the time. Today he and Grace are having some time together and it's just so sweet. Grace really does love her little brother.

4. Susannah is coming home today!! She has been in Graham since Saturday and I miss my little one, bunches! I'm sure she hasn't missed us at all, but her friends are coming tonight and they are staying for a few days to go to Six Flags and do some shopping so that will be a fun break.

5. We had small group at our house Sunday night and it was indeed a small group. What a great blessing to be able to have friends that you can talk to about what is going on in your life and feel secure in that friendship!! Most of our group is out of town so after group, we all went to see, "Horton Hears A Who." Cute movie and the kids loved it!!

6. Parker just came downstairs and gave me the sweetest kisses! I love my kids!!!!

7. My house is clean!! Aaron helped me before small groups Sunday night and all I need to do now is go and check on Parker's room (aka-guest room) for our company tonight!

8. I'm still in my PJ's. I know...it's 9:30, but it's Spring Break, raining and very dark out!! I LOVE it! I promise to go and get dressed when I'm done here, but I love just being lazy somedays and I'm so thankful that Aaron works so hard so that I can have these days with my kids...(Parker is in my lap right now...have to type fast!!)

9. Yesterday was a fun day. Grace had a friend over and Parker took a long nap. I enjoyed a book on the couch while they played outside!! Oh, and we (Grace, Parker and myself) took a great trip to the library and got our limit on books...20!!! It was great!! I'm sure she will have them all read before I can finish my one book that I started last week...what a girl, that Grace.

10. Company is coming tonight so I'm off to get ready!! You know, shower, making beds....the normal mom and get ready stuff....I'm so thankful for all of you that put up with me and actually read my blog!!

Now, go and find just 10 things that you are thankful for today and link back to Mrs. Brownstone's blog....it's nice to see what others are thankful for as well!!

9 comments:

Shana said...

What a bummer that I missed Susie on Sunday! I was out of town. When is the whole fam coming to Graham to visit???We have an extra bunk bed. :) Thanks for reminding us to be thankful!

Amber said...

I'm thankful for a cool buddy, who is great at updating her bolg, so I always feel connnected no matter how far away!

Love and the end of a three week hitch!!!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hey! Great list - I am so thankful to have a friend with whom I can be thankful!! hehehe

Tammie's Thoughts said...

We are surely going to miss you on Easter...It just won't be the same without the James clan being there, but I am so glad that your mom and dad got to go to Italy. We will be sleeping at their house anyway... I tried to talk Tim into going to Italy for Easter, but since he's in Colorado skiing this week he didn't think he could take off two weeks in a row...what kind of person would choose skiing in Colorado over Italy? A crazy man! Ya'll have fun hunting Easter eggs in Texas but not so much that you won't want to come to Searcy next year!

Kathryn said...

Jenn - thanks for this great idea! I've been doing it on my blog and it's really made me more appreciative of the little things!

Jill said...

I'm sure you are sooo happy that Miss Susannah is home! That's a long time away!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We keep meeting up in cyberspace--I came across your blog through someone elses! I could totally identify with your post. I'm cleaning right now for company and sometimes I'm really, really thankful for company just so my house can finally get cleaned!

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome Easter! We are leaving to drive down to my folks' in a fwe hours so I figured I'd tell you a bit early. (-:

Anonymous said...

Well, I finally get a turn on the computer!!! Glad you have so many sweet things to be thankful for. I'm sorry I will miss you all at Easter but we are trying to love every minute of Italy! Tonight we were with Christine Brewer a world renown Soprano. She was wonderful and very down to earth and nice. Love you all and hope to see you all soon. Mom