As the parents of a little boy, we knew that this trip was in our future, we just didn't know when....now we know! Last night, as I'm digging in the freezer trying to find something to fix for dinner, Parker comes running down the hall and BAM! He ran smack into the corner of the bar and the wall...a very hard place to hit. I saw him running and then heard the bam....his feet were up in the air and his head on the floor with blood EVERYWHERE. Why do head wounds bleed sooo much? Really, is all of that necessary? So, we cleaned him up and checked it out...of course, too deep for just butterfly bandages so I took him on ahead to the E.R.
The bleeding had stopped by this point and he had calmed down, but I was still pretty shakey...I know you don't believe it, do you? :) You know when you are scatter brained you can't think of anything so, I went to the emergency contact list and called our friends. Would you believe it that every one of the 5 families on our list was not at home? Only we have that kind of crazy luck! I was on the way to take Parker when I drove by the cross street to the Brown's house...YES, the Browns! So I called and of course they are so great and let the girls go over there so that Aaron could come and help me hold Parker down while the nurse super scrubbed his little head off. I'm not kidding, people. This lady scrubbed so hard that not only did the bleeding start again, but I have never heard my child scream like that in all of his short 20 months on this earth! I know, she had to get all of the germs and stuff out...yadda, yadda, yadda...it just wasn't fun to watch or be so close to, as seeing that I had to hold him down. They gave him a popcicle and he was just smiling away a few minutes later while we waited for the glue (yes, no stiches, just sterile super glue...way cool!) to dry.
We went to pick up the girls and the Browns (did I mention how much we love them?) ordered pizza for everyone so we stuck around for a few minutes and ate...Here is the funny or not so funny part. We got home and would you know that Parker fell AGAIN on the exact same spot except an inch over to the left on his head this time, but it didn't cut the skin. Aaron said that we better hurry and get him in bed so that he couldn't fall again!! So now our sweet smiling little Parker has not just a big gash in his head, but also a purple egg right beside it! Oh, boys will be boys!! Can we just start taking money out of Aaron's paycheck and send it directly to the ER for next time??
In all of the excitement I forgot to post that we went to Six Flags on Wednesday with our friends from Graham. Susie is home and had a great time with McKynna. They are best pals. We also got to see 2 families from church at the Flags that day so it was fun to ride some rides with our good buddies from here in town, too! Two of the guys got to wait in line to ride the Titan (a very big roller coaster) only to be stopped right when it was their turn to get on the ride because the Six Flags people had to let Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo get on the ride in front of them!! How cool was that for David and Dillon?? Tony and Jessica right in front of them! Of course, when we were telling the story, Grace was like, "Who is Jessica Simpson? I do know who Tony is, Mom!"....that tells you what we like around here! Go football!
It's been a fun spring break with much sleeping in and having fun with friends. But next year, lets NOT include an E.R. visit, okay, Parker?? I LOVE that boy!!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh, he does look tough! I'm so impressed! Glad you guys had a great spring break.
Parker doesn't look hurt at all. Those pictures of him are classic. Big gash on his forehead and a big smile on his face! Awesome pics! Sorry for your stress though. Nothing worse than watching your kids hurt.
Oh my!!! It may be the first and I wish it could be the last but......glad everything is okay. We just got home from Verdi's Requiem it was really wonderful. Hug all the kiddos but especially Parker. Guess he wanted and egg for Easter!!!huh???
Oh poor Parker! That looks like it really hurt! Give him a hug for me.
I am glad that you guys had fun with the Bozeman's. How cool that Tony and Jessica were there at Six Flags!
Ah yes, the joys of tissue glue instead of stitches! Jonathan has been twice now, but we've been ER-free with the other 3 (knock on wood!!!!)
Oh, my goodness! That bruise!!! It looks so much better now!
Get ready because having boys I can tell you that it will not be your first visit to the ER. When ours where a little older than Parker we had stitches in the head (from a thrown toy train), broken collar bone, broken arm, stitches in the chin, etc., etc.
Enjoy having boys...
I found your site through Dyane's link to your Ten Things Tuesday and had to laugh at your son's recent initiation into the Forehead Injury club. (Not that it's in any way funny haha, just funny ironic.) My 19-month-old was just initiated a few weeks ago and the story (lots of blood, freaked out mom) and outcome (everything okay with a cool looking badge of honor) were very similar (although, unfortunately, this was not my first trip to the ER with my little guy). I'm glad everything was okay in the end! And thanks for the opportunity to "steal" the Ten Things Tuesday idea. It's so important to express gratitude.
Post a Comment