Okay ya'll....here is my truth for today. I worked out yesterday for the first time since Christmas and IT HURTS!!!! Oh my word, I totally forgot the "day after feeling" that you get after you get a good workout. I know, I'm a whiny baby and I need to get over it, but give me my five minutes and I'll be done.
I was jumping rope on Sunday with Grace's new jump rope that she got in her Easter basket. I kept hearing weird noises...yes, body parts were flapping and I didn't really think that I was a flabby person. Really, I thought I was in so-so shape. My Easter dress looked pretty good on me (I thought...) So, I got up yesterday with a purpose. One and only. Get myself to the gym and quick! I dropped off Sus at school and Parker promptly went to the daycare at my wonderful gym....the lady was like, "Oh, Parker, I've missed you...you haven't been here in soooo long!" Yeah, way to rub it in lady! I almost sprinted to the treadmill and got on. Yeah, walking is overrated so I jumped up the speed and ran....for 2.18 miles! I know...I loved it because Sports Center was on, they were talking about football and March Madness...It was GREAT! If you are a first time reader, you will soon realize that I love sports of almost any kind and it is Basketball season still and we are right in the middle of the great college tournament! I LOVE IT!!!
So, now I'm back and in my gym mode. Who wants to go with me???
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Woo Hoo Girl!!! I'm really jealous of you though... I only wish that I could not work out for that long & still look skinny like you! I miss one day at the gym and gain 5 pounds or something crazy like that!!! I just lick a cookie & gain 2... oh well!
one, two, three . . . NOT IT! (-:
I'm so there!!! That is like one of the downsides of being in Graham for the summer...not much of a gym to workout at!! Thats awesome that you have found a place you like and that has a daycare for Parker!
I'm with you in spirit! Doesn't it feel good!
Congratulations! Just remember to do things that don't kill your joints. Tim Bruner, the forever runner, just had to have surgery because he broke something on one of his daily runs!
I'm getting back on the bandwagon with you!
Way to go! I'm sore thinking of your running.
K
Oh my word you are so funny. I found you by checking our jillyblogdesigns! I saw the post about your ER visit for your little guys.. GIRL I hate to tell you it gets worse! I have 3 boys and my oldest broke his arm 2 times BEFORE he was 4! - That doesn't count the stitches and cuts/bruises he had too! (some of the CRAZY stuff they try! ) They are a whole lot of fun though!
You are so funny! I don't think any body parts would be "flapping" on you ever. I have worked out with a trainer for about a year now, but only did it twice a week. I have just now decided to get more serious about it. Between you and The Biggest Loser I am more motivated. I am sure that if I cut out my daily sweet tea that is loaded with sugar and if I cut out eating out so much then it would really help!
Oh...I forgot how much of a sports fanatic that you are! You need to go to Parks Picks (link on my blog) and you will have fun with David. I am sure that you remember him from Harding.
Oh...buy the way, Eastside won their first game last night in the church basketball league. They were all so pumped!
Post a Comment