Monday, January 15, 2007

The new season...

The new season of 24 started last night. I won't write about anything that happened on the show for those of you that have TiVoed it and have told your husbands that you won't watch it until they get home from Vegas, Mom. No cheating, I know how much you love your Jack Bauer! He he he. It was good, but a little different Jack than we are used to seeing, but I'm sure things will liven up tonight with yet another 2 hours of Jack and company to enjoy! We have been in the middle of a big "ice storm" or so they call it here in our area. Right now (11:30 AM) it is 26 degrees outside. Pretty chili for Texas, but it is a very nice change. The trees are covered in the ice and they are just beautiful. I love seasons and so appreciate the way that God shows us His wonders in everything.

Aaron is at work. He left late this morning to give the roads a little time to heat up from the sun and when he got there, no one else showed up!! So, he is there by himself getting lots of stuff done and is going to come home after lunch. Grace is enjoying a day off from school for MLK, jr. Day and I totally enjoyed sleeping in for the 3rd morning in a row!! Yes!! Of course, sleeping in for us is 8:15-8:30, but at least it's not 6:45-7:00 AM!! We didn't have church services at the building yesterday, the whole town has been pretty much shut down for 3 days. If it doesn't warm up, Grace may not have school tomorrow. We were trying to explain MLK, jr. to Grace last week because you forget that our kids have no idea who he is and what he did for our country until they go to school. Of course, she listens much better to her teacher when she tells them things, so she came home from school on Friday full in information and was just floored that people would be "so mean" to others because they have a different skin color. That made me feel good that she has such a sweet heart and wants everyone to be kind to everyone else. I love my babies!! I hope she keeps that attitude! Of course, she always thinks that she is "different" because she has red hair and no one else does that she really knows, so she really has a special place in her heart for "different people" as she says that she is herself...he he he. Boy, is she different, if she ONLY knew!!! :)

I got to talk to one of my best buds, Amber on the phone last night and that was great. It always makes me have such a great day (or night as it was yesterday) to talk to Amber. I think I went to sleep with a big smile on my face, thanks for the great conversation, girlie!! Ya'll need to plan a trip to the south to see us!!

My little sister is in New York this week having fun working...well, okay working and having a little fun. The Super Nanny was on her plane yesterday. Jess always has the best stories on her NY trips. Let's hope she gets to do lots of shopping and gets us some cool NY clothes on this trip! She and mom are supposed to come and visit us this weekend!!! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I hope the ice stays in Dallas/Fort Worth and doesn't make it's way here to Memphis at lest while Tim is skiing in Wyoming. I know what you mean about Jess in New York. It can be really fun but I'm sure it does get tiring to her...but now that she's in evening clothes and coctail dresses, is that right? no telling what she'll be bring us to look at...wonder what size they will all be?

It will probably also be funny to Grace for them to close school because of a little snow or ice since she has lived in Alaska! Precious Babies! We need some new photos!