Thursday, January 04, 2007

From room 219

Hey ya'll! We are still here in the hotel, but Aaron is meeting with our realtor in a few minutes to get the keys to our new house. I can't wait!! I'm here in the hotel with Susannah and Parker packing up our stuff from 4 days in a hotel...big messes, it's an extended stay place so we have extra room, which means we have more stuff!!

Last night we tried out Legacy Church of Christ. It's close to the house and everyone was super nice. We are going to go back on Sunday and try it again! Anyone have a favorite church around here that they could suggest? Aaron tried out NRH Church of Christ and we decided that it was just "too big" for us right now. I know, it's an awesome church and all, but I'm sure that there are lots of awesome churches here in this area, we just want to find a place where we can serve and not be soo overwhelmed.

Grace started her new school today and was so excited. Her teacher is really nice. She is no Mrs. Miller, but I'm sure we will like her just as much, eventually! There are 4 Kindergarten classes and they have their own little wing of the school. They call them Kindergators, because the school mascot is the gator. Pretty cute. We found the Wal-Mart yesterday and bought all of her school supplies for the new school. Yes, we can officially live here because there is a Super Center Wal-Mart and Super Target within 5 minutes of our house! SWEET!!! So, Grace is at school and the little ones and I need to get everything cleaned up. I'll try to post more later. The movers come tomorrow with all of our stuff. Tonight we are going to "rough it" in the new house with the stuff we have in our cars!! I'm taking Parker and Susannah to Graham to see Dr. Steve and get some shots tomorrow so we are staying busy. I drove all over town yesterday getting utilities put in our name, so I'm really getting the hang of this big city stuff...Mom, even you could get around NRH....it's easy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, if you say so!!!! Glad Grace liked her teacher. I know Mrs. Miller is a tough act to follow. Can't wait for you to get moved in.

Rushton said...

I can remember those days! We were transfered to Jax Beach, Florida once and had to live for a couple of weeks in a hotel right on the beach...it was soooo hard...to leave it!
My sis-in-laws and husband used to go to Highland Park, that's a haul, but it is on the expressway.
Lyn's roomie's family goes in Keller.
TX is sort of like TN, you can't swing a cat without hitting a coC!

Amber said...

Hey Girl,

Hang in there! You are such a trooper!

Love and moving in,

laura said...

So glad that all the details got worked out!! I know you'll enjoy being in your own space tonight... even if it's roughing it! I remember one time when we moved to Richmond VA from Grapevine and stayed in my dad's efficiency apt... efficiency because it had one twin bed that folded out of the wall. now that was quite the adventure :) but he was determined not to pay another night in the hotel, so what ya gonna do. We have friends that went to legacy, i think her parents still go there. they really enjoy it there. i'll try to think if there are any other good churches around that i know of. i know that Grapevine Church of Christ is supposed to be good (smaller than RHCC) but may be about 15 to 20 minutes from you guys so something closer would probably be better. anyway, i digress... Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 4 days in a hotel, my kids would LOVE that :)

Come see us when you come to town to get the shots. McKynna is already ready to so see Suuuzzziiieee. We sure do miss you. Shannon took over the Wednesday night class at church for Gracie's age - so pray for him.

Send me your new email address when you have one.

Courtney

BW said...

Any congregation will be so happy to have you and Aaron. You have been such a blessing to the congregation in every town you have lived.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Have fun in the hotel letting someone else clean up after you and cook for you as long as you can!