Things are going great here in our new city. I have the whole downstairs unpacked along with both the girls rooms unpacked at this point. Pretty good for just starting on Saturday, I think. Poor Parker. His room is off by itself in the other hall, so I haven't gotten to his things at all yet. He has just been sleeping in the playpen in our bedroom for the time being. I really don't think I want him all the way upstairs anyway. I am so enjoying being here with Aaron. Even though tonight he is upstairs in his media room playing X-Box live with some other adult men that he met at church on Sunday, and I am downstairs in the living room on the laptop. It is just so peaceful that we are all together as a family in our own house and for that I am so very thankful!
I decided today that I am never again buying anyone candlestick holders for wedding gifts, or any other gifts. I unpacked way too many sets of them today and I never use them!! Maybe when we are older and can entertain more, I don't know, but for now, they are all just collecting dust in a closet upstairs. The crazy things that we register for when we get married that we hardly ever use...oh if I knew then what I know now! What is that they say? Hindsight is 20-20, right?
Speaking of sight...I tried to order some replacement contacts from 1-800 contacts this past week. When they called my eye doctor's office in Graham to verify my perscription the office wouldn't give it to them because I haven't been in for a check-up in 13 months...yes, I was there in December of last year and now they won't let me order new contacts from 1-800 contacts!!! I need new contacts and now I'm going to have to go in and get a new eye test and all I want is some contacts!!!! I was so frustrated, but I'm over it now, well, maybe not completely, but I'll be fine in the morning.
I'm off to bed, tomorrow is yet another day of unpacking and hopefully we will close on our house in the afternoon. Yes, we STILL haven't closed because the woman in the divorce settlement still hasn't signed the house papers. Oh well, life is good for us here together so we are happy. God is good and I am so thankful for that, even though I don't have my new contacts!!
Journaling 12/8/24
1 year ago
3 comments:
WOW - you are a speedy unpacker! We still have boxes that we simply sent to the basement to wrestle with some other day!
Jeff used Lens.com and I think they had a bigger window on when your last exam was, but I can't really remember now. Good luck!
That is amazing, how in the world are you doing this? I love unpacking, but I have always had smaller places to unpack into. I love putting things together in new ways, seeing how things look in new space. I hope you are having fun!
I know what you mean about cnadle stick holders...especially the taper ones and they burn down so fast...alll I have now is fat ones...they lots much longer and are lots more fun!
Sounds like yout unpacking is going great!
Post a Comment