Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007!!

Hope that ya'll have a wonderful 2007 from the Green family! We leave after the Tennessee Vols game today for our new home in North Richland Hills, TX. We have run into a few little glitches this week with the new house. We were supposted to close on our new house on Tuesday. I say "were" because we found out this week that our house is part of a divorce settlement and the couple didn't disclose that to us or the title company until a few days ago. Now, both of them have to sign the closing papers and the last we heard, they couldn't find the wife because she is somewhere in Las Vegas!!! So, we are leaving for our hotel in Ft. Worth with our 3 sweet kids and our little dog to stay until they call and say we can come and sign the papers and get the keys to our new house!! Hopefully they can find the wife today and she can get the papers signed and back to the title company in time for Grace to start school on Thursday...if not, we'll just drive from our hotel!
Christmas went great here in Searcy. The kids got EVERYTHING they wanted and more, of course and we are going to have some time getting everything in the car tomorrow to drive to our new town.
Here is a short list of what I got from Aaron:
1. Tennis rackets (one for me and one for him, to play together)
2. Hand held back massager
3. New unmentionables (they are so pretty)
4. Lots of candy and new tennis balls to go with our rackets

That's about it...we are getting a new house, so I'll get lots of new presents when we finally get to move in!!

What did Santa bring you special this year?

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Sounds like you had a gret Christmas! I got a trip to Italy..guess that was a pretty good git plus my two splurges there - an Italian Christmas table cloth with napkins and a cermanic Bison name in Sorrento that is about a a foot long and a little more and a foot tall which I have no idea where I am going to put it to get it out of Harm's way!
We missed having all of you here this week, but it was a crazy week for us all. We went to Atlanta on Thursday to look at hotels for Tim's dental meeting in 2008. It was nice to be wined and dinned by several hotels trying to get out business and I've been in bed since Friday with a migraine...that hasn't hit me that long or that hard in a long, long, long time! This afternoon we pick up the Weavers at the airport. I'm ready to have them back a phone call away! Have a safe trip to Dallas/Fort Worth and I pray your house stuff will get worked out really soon! If it doen't , maybe you'll find and even better one!

BW said...

Santa brought the two people I love most in the world to one of the places I love most in the world. Of course we also did a little shopping while we were there! We missed all the others that we usually get to spend time with during the holidays. However, we made some incredible memories.

I can't wait until Easter!!