You read it right. Aaron got his transfer letter on Friday and he is going to be a log analyst (still with Schlumberger) in downtown Ft. Worth, here in the great state of Texas. Aaron is really excited, it is the position that he wants and he is going to be home regular hours for the first time in our married life! I, on the other hand, completely LOVE Graham. Great people, great schools, we love out house and really love our church. BUT, I am so excited for Aaron and this promotion, and where he goes, I will follow!
He starts on Dec. 1, but will go to a 2 month (yes, I said 2 month)training class in Abu Dhabi in Feb. Yes, it is one of those very scary places somewhere south of the Persian Gulf, I think. So, the kids and I are going to stay here until school is out...that is the plan for today anyway...I'm sure something will change and we will have to scurry around at the last minute and do something else! So, tonight I looked at about 250 houses in the NW side of Ft. Worth and I am very tired now!!! If you know any good towns, areas, neighborhoods, etc....let us know! I need all the help I can get!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We like closer!! But what will we do without Aaron's long breaks?? Of'course Grace in school pretty much takes care of that anyway...I'm sure you will enjoy Ft. Worth just like all the rest of the places, I just won't be driving around town as quick as I did in Graham!
Some of my fondest growing up memories are from Fort Worth when Dad was in Grad School. The Richland Hills c of C is wonderful there. The Stockyards are great and Beef Brisket BBQ is the best!
I love flying into the Addison airport. Beckie and Tammie will remember how I crossed 3 lanes of traffic, jumped a curb and landed sideways in a parking space when they yelled, "Marble Slab Icecream!!!" That was on our return from the Mcarty-Howard wedding in SanAntonio. Our friend Daniel Hurd went directly to the bathroom before he ordered ice cream.
It sounds like a trip on any short notice. Searcy is on the way.
I'm so excited for you guys--Adam and his wife, Elvia, live in Dallas, so yall must meet up. Also, when I come out there to visit him I can see you too! It's been so long (4 years and counting). Also, I'm pregnant (again). 1 baby, and we find out the sex hopefully tomorrow. I'll keep you updated. All my love, Susan--
Guess what? I signed us up to be in the drawing for Cardinals World Series tickets and WE WON. Just wanted you to be really jealous. I hope they win tonight....I love you! Can't wait till next weekend.
Jen,
My folks have lived in the Grapevine-Colleyville area (all together) for about 12 years now and really enjoy it! They go to Richland Hills C of C... which is a little big for me... but has some amazing children and family programs! Let me know if you have any questions about that area and i'll pass them on to my mom... she'd love to help if she could!
Post a Comment