Thursday, October 19, 2006

Reading to my brother

Yesterday I was folding laundry on the couch and Susie was reading books, sitting on the floor. I went to get a load out of the dryer and when I came back in the room, she was reading to Parker (well, more like telling him the story.) It was so cute. They sat there together for almost 45 minutes...she really likes her time with him and I'm so glad. I really thought she would be lonely when Grace went off to school, but now she has found a new playmate!!
Coach McCoy, the head football coach for the Graham Steers, taught Susie how to hold her fingers and say, "Hook 'em Horns!" She finally figured out how to do it on her own yesterday (it only took her like a month or so!) and had to show the camera...not that we are converting to Texas fans. But we do love to watch Colt throw that football and score touchdowns!
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you aren't teaching the poor child to "gig 'em"

(Go Mustangs!)

Rushton said...

And at least no one has taught her to sing "cowboy buddy is a buddy o'mine" and the related verses!
Cute pics! Neither of my kids is even dating seriously and I'm looking for one of those baby seats!
Aaron used to read to Lyn all the time. Even after she learned, they still kept it up. sniff.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

How precious. I don't think Joe(y) ever sat still long enough for Laura to read to him. He hardly ever sat still long enough for me to read to him and if he did, he had a question for every page - "Why is that boy running?" "Why does she have on red pants?" "What's that on top of the house?" You get the picture!

How is Aaron taking that Hook "em Horns? At least they're both orange.