Friday, October 20, 2006

This little one....

Look at the little face of this girl...how sweet, blue eyes, blonde hair, big smile.....STINKY POOP!!! Yes, you read it right. She went to bed last night, no problem. About 10:15 we heard her singing and playing. I was going up to put Parker in his bed and when I got to the bottom of the stairs, I smelled it. Yes, it. You know what I mean if you have ever had a 2 or 3 year old. I called to Aaron to come and he smelled it, too. We walked up the stairs together and were mortified together, as a couple. Aaron found the guilty one hiding in her bed. Here is the conversation...

Aaron, "Susannah, what is on your hands?"

Susannah replies, "It's dirt, Daddy."

Aaron "No, Susie, it's NOT dirt, what is it?"

Susannah still replies, "It's dirt, Daddy."

Aaron gettting angry and making her smell her very dirty and poop covered hands, "It's NOT DIRT, SUSIE, WHAT IS IT?"

Susannah says very quietly, "It's poop, Daddy."

Aaron says, "Yes, it's poop. Do we play with poop?"

Susannah replies sweetly, "But I was making a poop castle"

Yes, our small blonde headed one had made little castles out of POOP on the landing at the top of the stairs!!!! Can you believe that? Of couse we could hardly keep a staight face when she made the "poop castle" comment.

Of course, she was very properly punished, given a bath and put to bed in the guest room. Aaron and I spent the next 45 minutes cleaning up the "poop castle" from the carpet. I recommend the "little dirt devil" carpet cleaner for anyone with small children. It has saved our carpet and sanity many times in the past 5 years. Parker slept thru it all. What a super baby!!!I'm off to wash sheets and get ready for our camping trip. Yes, we are going camping with our church and our 4 month old!! Prayers for our crazy family will be much appreciated! :) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I am surprised that you didn't hear me laughing all the way from Bartlett to Texas! I'm sorry Jennifer, but that it just too funny and I am so glad that Aaron was at home to experience it with you! Susie's smile looks really sincere in the picture...Aaron's looks a little forced! I think that your life will never be dull and I hope you are backing up all these blog entries or printing them out so you will never loose all these wonderful photos and memories!

Anonymous said...

You know I can sympathize!!!!!

What? No poop castle pics? Some people just have no eye for art! (-:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jenn what goes around...comes around!! Like Tammie I really laughed aloud and you know why!!! Such an innocent face isn't it?? Have fun camping. Love you all.

Unknown said...

but where did the poop come from??
is no one interested in the real quest for knowledge??

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
go to searcypics.com and click on crumpton and collins....you will get a good laugh....a real good one!!!! I am nearly crying I am laughing so hard...

Sandi said...

Oh, my goodness -- I am just now reading this, and I can hardly believe what I have to look forward to. Bless your hearts!!