Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Last hurrah....

I am currenty 33 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy...that means about 6 weeks until the baby is at 40 weeks or full term. (That was for my husband and his male reading friends, ya'll girls know what I'm talking about... :) ) That being said, this week was our last chance to get out of Graham before the baby comes. Aaron is on days off and has a few vacation days that he is using so we are here at my parent's house in Searcy for a week. We didn't leave Graham until late yesterday afternoon because we had so much stuff to get finished, but it all got done (more or less, I didn't put away all the clean laundry, that can wait, that can ALWAYS wait)...We are just here for a little rest and relaxation before the big day. I have been told this is my LAST trip that is out of town. The doctor also said that the baby is back on schedule for the end of June! I love my doctor....he and and his sweet family go to our church and they are just the best. So involved in everything, I don't know when they find time to sleep!! I'm very thankful that God put us in Graham just to have met families like theirs. We went to their small group on Sunday night, the one that we were having at our house has quit meeting for the summer, so we found a new group and I know it is going to be such a blessing. VBS is coming up quick at our church, too. Anyone have any easy ways to make bible time costumes with very little sewing? I think they are afraid to let me commit to too much for VBS in fear that I'll go into labor or something, but I can sew!! So, let me know if ya'll have any costume ideas....the girls just love VBS, and I'm so happy!
Also, Jessica's husband, Cliff, who has worked and studied so hard for the past 2 years, is graduating from law school on Saturday here in Arkansas!! Yah, Cliff! They are on a big Florida vacation this week and will be back at the end of the week for his big graduation day and to play with us. So, If I don't post this week, now you know why. We are here at my parents house enjoying the sunshine and fun company. I just wish we could see all of our family before the baby comes...hint, hint to the Seattle family, don't you want to retire in the south so we can see you more? We miss you!!
I'm off to visit my grandparents with the girls while Aaron plays his new video game. Such is the life of a man, I mean, boy, on his vacation!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old pillow cases make great Bible costumes for little kids. Just split open and neck and sleeves on the sides and then tie a rope or piece of cloth around the waist and add a piece over the head for a head dress and there's your costume. Or just use sheets to drape and around and safety pin.

Hope you guys had a geat time in Florida!
Congratulations to Cliff!