We had a great time down south in the San Antonio area. Wednesday we drove down and stayed in the good ole' Days Inn and let the girls jump on the beds until they wore themselves out. Thursday we got up and drove over to Sea World. It was so much fun. The girls had a great time, but they wanted to play in the giant sand box more than go do stuff....so next time we are just going to save our money and buy a bag of sand and dump it in the backyard! :) The day was perfect, no crowds at all and they loved Shamu. Now they say they want to go to Disney World....maybe in a few more years! Sea World San Antonio is great, but it's smaller than the one in Orlando that Aaron and I had both been to, so we bought 2 day tickets expecting to need them....we didn't, so now we have tickets to go back sometime before the baby comes for another day. That night we met my oldest friend in the whole wide world, Bekah Lowe (we were born 2 weeks apart, you know) for dinner down on the Riverwalk. Grace loved hearing stories from when Aunt Bek and I were little and when Nana would spank us. It was lots of fun and I'm soo thankful that we got to see her for just a little while!
Friday we got up and found the San Antonio Zoo. It was fun, but it was much hotter on Friday and I think every elementary school in the city was there for a field trip. We didn't get there until after lunch so they all cleared out shortly after, so it wasn't crowded for long. The girls liked the zoo, but I just thought it had way too many birds...I'm more of a big animal fan when I go to the zoo...I guess the big bears in Alaska spoiled me! Of course, Amber, maybe it was just because you weren't with us! Can't do a zoo trip without Miss Amber!! (Straight from Grace's mouth!) The zoo didn't take that long so we drove over to the The Mexican Market. It was just like going back across the border when we lived in McAllen, but all the prices were jacked up. It was fun to look around and the music was good. We had our fill of San Antonio and decided to drive over to the Ranch where the retreat was. It is just beautiful. It is called Mo Ranch and it is right on the Gradulaupe River outside of Hunt, Texas. We had a super time at the retreat with all of our old friends from South Texas and the girls loved swimming in the river and getting lots of attention! We were all really tired from staying up and visiting so much Friday and Saturday night, but the worship in Sunday was so great! It is so wonderful to go and retreats and get the renewal that we need so often and I'm so thankful that they invited us to come with them!!
Well, I'm off to do some laundry from the trip. It's always good to be home, but there is always something to do!!
Monday, March 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
what great pics!!!! thanks for sending them to me at work. i am glad that you guys had fun! I am sure that ya'll are tired. i will call tomorrow night!
xoxoxoxox
love you,
jess
Ahhhh, the zoo. I glad you had a great time, sounds like a fun adventure.
I am so jealous of the warm weather.
I love the photo of Miss Jenn and her little belly.
Love and little boys,
am
Jennifer, I was so surprised to see that photo of you from the side...you have looked pregnant in any of the other photos but from the side you really do look like you are having a 6'3" baby boy! Can't wait until Easter to visit. Those girls were having so much fun in that river! I love it!
I meant to say that you have NOT looked pregnant in any of the photos until I saw you from the side...I am such a terrible typist.
Post a Comment