Thursday, March 30, 2006

The pics are back!

We got the proofs back last night and had to have our final order in today to get them for Easter. Here are the 2 that we choose...They are poor quality, so that we can't copy them for ourselves, so don't worry, they will look good by the time they get to you!!
Has anyone else been glued to the TV everytime they do a story on the Winkler family from Tennessee? I feel so sad for those 3 little girls who not only do they now not have a Daddy, but their Mommy will be forever in jail and gone, too. They did a story on the church of christ last night on CNN on the Nancy Grace show. I read the transcript and they did a pretty good job of not telling the truth about the church and what I think that we believe. I don't understand why one religion has to bash another one. There was a baptist preacher on the show, calling the CoC a "cult" and that only we were going to Heaven. Why can't we just show Christ's love and let people know that He died for us so that we can ALL go to Heaven? Rubel Shelley did a good job on the show (from how I read it on the transcript) despite being not treated very nice by Nancy Grace the host of the show. I think she is one of the reasons why Fox News is the station that we watch! Let's just all work on showing Jesus' love and stop the bickering!



 
  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn
I was watching the show you mentioned and it was so painful to watch. She was all over Rubel and so very rude. It's hard to get to the truth when your mind is already made up. Our prayer here in Tallahassee is that God's love and grace will be seen in this tragedy and that it will cause many of us in the church to step up to the plate and respond to our neighbor's questions about the church with love and clarity.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness...those are the cutest pictures i have ever seen. i agree about the fascination with the church and the family. i'm glad rubel did a good job....he's a good man.

MrsM said...

Great pictures Jenn, the girls look so cute.

I hadn't heard anything about the Winkler family till now... Makes me very sad to hear about all of it. I can't imagine in the wildest where someone would get the idea the church of christ is a cult. It just blows my mind that people would use this to spread something so vicious and untrue.

Those poor kids, can you imagine the pain they will carry with them for the rest of their lives?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are SOOOOO big. Time flies sooo fast. Callie is walking everywhere now. Sure do miss y'all!