Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ft. Worth

Aaron's boss here in Graham sent him on a little trip to Ft. Worth to visit one of their little "hubs" to watch some people in different parts of Schlumberger and see if Aaron saw anything that he would like to do once he gets out of the field. He was with some Sales guys for a little while and they were fun...i.e. lots of eating out, basketball games, you know, client entertainment, but they aren't home much with the wife and kids, so Aaron decided he might not like that position as much. The next group of people he worked with are called DCS (Data Consulting Services)...they interpret the data from the engineers in the field (what Aaron is now) and they present it to the clients in the city and let them decide what to do with their well, oil, gas, or whatever is down in the hole. He of course, really liked the DCS job, mainly because they use computers and he loves computers,and they get to still be with the clients for lunch meetings and such. So, hopefully around August or September (when he is done training all the newbies here in Graham) we will get a letter telling him that he has a job with DCS somewhere.....where? I have no idea, Aaron really wants to go to Denver. Me, I'm more sold on Dallas, Ft. Worth, or OK City, mainly because they are closer to family that is here in the south. Denver sounds like lots of fun (we have friends there, snowboarding, etc...) but I really enjoy being in the south again. We will just have to see what is in store!
I said all this but I didn't say what the girls and I have been doing the past few days. Work payed for the hotel room in Ft. Worth, so the girls and I went along and on Tuesday, us girlies went to the Ft. Worth Zoo. It is the best zoo that I have even been to. It was so perfectly laid out that we didn't even need a map and they had so many animals!!! The girls really had a great time and it took us almost 4 hours to see everything! Yes, that is quite a zoo! We picked a great day to go...it was a little chilly at first, but then it warmed up and was a beautiful sunny day. I highly recommend the Ft. Worth Zoo if you are in the area, it was great! Besides the zoo, we swam in the pool, which even if it says it is heated, it does not help if it is 50 degrees and windy outside...so the girls swam with Aaron and I watched from the warm (it wasn't hot) tub close by. We ate out lots and that was great!! I love going on short little trips and the girls really just love being with their Daddy.
Tuesday night we went Easter Dress shopping....I have never taken the girls into a dressing room to try on clothes. I just know what sizes and buy the dresses online. They have been in between sizes lately and I really didn't want to spend $50 on a dress and not have it fit...so off to Dillard's we all go...Aaron stayed in the dressing room with the girls and they would sit on the floor in their undies while I went back and forth with new dresses for them to try on. It was so much fun. Susannah kept twirling and saying, "I look like Cinderella, Mommy!!"....we didn't decide on a dress yet, but we got their sizes down, I think...we'll take them to Wichita Falls on Saturday and try on a few more. We had a fun time, but now we are home, again, and much join the real world.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have gone to Neium-Marcus for those Easter Dresses, mom, while you were in Dallas...that would have been a really fun way to spend some of the oil money...and beware if you end up in Denver...Tim might look at that as one more opportunity to get to ski becuase he'd have a free place to stay!

Anonymous said...

Fort Worth Zoo is the BEST, isn't it?!?!? We had an annual membership and went as often as possible, even if just for shorter trips since with the pass I never felt bad about only staying for an hour!

If you end up relocated to Michigan, come see us! (-: