Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer lovin'

Oh summer how I love you!  Our little family snuck away from the craziness of softball and big city for a week in the country not long ago.  It was wonderful.  My sister-in-law and her family live on a ranch in North Florida.  It's a little piece of heaven, just like out of a book or beautiful movie.  They have horses all over the property with several little ponds for the kids to fish in every night after dinner with their daddy and their Gramps.

The cell service there was hardly existent and you have to use an air card to get on the Internet.  I loved it.  One week of just enjoying creation and everything outside.  One morning, we just all sat out on the screened in front porch in rocking chairs hulling peas.  Doesn't that sound like something out of an old movie?  Who hulls their own peas anymore?  We did and they were delicious that night for dinner!!  We just loved "getting away" and enjoying the outdoors and our extended family. 

The kids favorite part of spending the week at the ranch was the cats.  Yes, I know, simple little cats.  I'm not a cat person.  I will openly admit that am not terribly fond of cats.  There, I said it.  But, my kids.  Oh, they love cats and everything to do with them!!  Thank you, Aunt Carrie!  The good thing?  She has so many cats running around her ranch that our 3 kids don't hardly know what to do most of the time.  They spend so much time outside chasing cats, playing with the cats and carting the cats around....they think that Carrie's ranch is a dream vacation in cat heaven.

I guess I can't complain.  The cats stay in Florida and I get to take the kids to visit them.  I guess that makes me super mom, right??  And I don't have to clean out any litter boxes!!

4 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I don't do cats either, so that sounds like the best of both worlds! Adison recently asked if he could get a cat and Mike and I both just laughed!

Shellie Salza said...

I forgot to say, Congrats to Grace! Can't wait to hear how the World Series goes!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! It says so much :).

Jenna Brightwell said...

i LOVE that Parker is pulling the cats tail. STINKER.
i can't wait to see you guys! :)