Yesterday was the 3rd Grade "Celebration of Learning" or 3rd grade class awards, as I would have called it....Anyway, all of the parents were invited to the classroom to give our kids lots of love and support for their great work as 3rd graders. Grace did great. She was one of 5 kids to get all A's all year and have perfect conduct so she got the Principal's award. Yippe! She also got the leadership award from her sweet teacher, Mrs. Cowan. She missed perfect attendance by one day. Yeah...here is where I get the "mother of the year" award....she missed that day because I took her out of school to go to Harding's Homecoming. Opps! I totally thought that she would miss other days and it wouldn't be a big deal. Um...not to her, you know, the "people pleaser, Grace" Oh well, maybe next year, my dear one! :)
Grace loves Mrs. Cowan. Many days after school, Grace will start talking to me, "Mrs. Cowan, I mean, Mom..." It's really funny. We are so thankful that Grace had such a kind and loving teacher in Mrs. Cowan. She was so supportive of everything that Grace was into during the year and always was on her side!
Good-bye Mrs. Cowan! Grace will miss you and 3rd grade, but she is sooo excited about going to 4th grade!! Oh the joys....and who in the world said that my little red-headed baby could be this big??
Grace was also so blessed this year to have her best buddy, Brennon, in her class with her. I know...he's taller than her!! They are the tallest two in the class and even better than that? He lives 4 houses down the street! Every day after school he is ringing our doorbell to go and ride bikes or play street ball. God so had a plan when he put us in this neighborhood!!
Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment