Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm not a rock-star, afterall....

One of my friends here at church and her family is moving this summer.  Job transfer...story of our lives.  My friend is also the director of the pre-school at our church where Parker goes to school.  When they found out that they were being transferred, my friend told me that I was her pick to be her replacement as the Pre-school director.  I was totally blown away.  She thought that I would be great to take her spot and she is just a wonderful director and I love what she has done at the school.  I do have a degree in Early Childhood education and I am the mother of a pre-school little boy and I love the Parker's school.  I do.  The teachers are great and Parker loves being at school.  Parker's school is overseen by a board of directors that all go to our church.  I was invited for a interview a few weeks ago and really, I came out of that interview feeling great. Many of the board members I had never met before, so I felt good about meeting them.  They asked question after question, and I felt like I came out like a rock-star.

I guess I was wrong.  I found out tonight from a friend, that they hired someone else for the job.  Someone also told me tonight that they thought that this was a "blessing in disguise" and I have to almost agree with them. 

It's strange.  This is one the first times that I've lost at something...All growing up, if I wanted something and tried out for it...I made it. Not to be sassy or ugly, that was just the way it was.  So, here I am at age 35, and for one of the first times in my life, I didn't get the job.  It doesn't feel so bad.  I'm disappointed, don't get me wrong.  But, I'm secretary for our executive board on the PTA, I love to be at the kids school and helping in the classroom and honestly, I'm not ready to go back to work.  I love being at home with the family and I know that right now, this is where God wants me to stay. 

8 comments:

Sara said...

Then it does sound like a blessing in disguise. You are a rock star momma!!

Dyane said...

You ARE a rock star!

Shellie Salza said...

You are such a rock star, new job or not!!!

Rushton said...

Do you remember how disappointed I was when I did not get the librarian position? WHAT A BLESSING! I am so happy to be a second grade teacher and that opportunity never would have come without the first disappointment. I can't wait to hear what your "consolation prize" turns out to be!

Dee said...

Sooo thankful you can see the blessing in being home a little longer with your precious children...even though they are in school, they need you available when they are home. God bless!

Anonymous said...

i appreciate your transparency. most people publish victories and stay away from disappointments altogether.

you would have been a great director and aaron could have seen that "coloring degree" in action yet again :)

the time will come....in the mean time, thanks for all you do to take care of and encourage us all (another one of your gifts)

love you muchly - andrea

Jessica said...

You are my rockstar sister.
I love you.

Kathryn & John said...

I'm starting to believe we learn more through our defeats than our victories. I'm proud of you!