We arrived here at Nana and Papa's on Monday night...we met them in Little Rock for dinner and then Aaron and Dad drove back to Searcy while Mom and I stayed in LR to do some Christmas shopping. It has been raining for 2 days....I'm wondering when it is going to let up! I think I should have asked for rain boots for Christmas this year. We've already made it 2 mornings in a row to Bobby's for breakfast. Love it. This afternoon Aaron needed some wood glue to finish a project he is working on for his Dad's christmas present so Mom and I had to go to Wal-Mart. Hated it. Every stinkin' minute. What in the world were we thinking? I mean, really, going to Wal-Mart, 2 days before Christmas, in the rain, in Arkansas.? UGGH! And remember, I really do love Wal-Mart, the other 364 days of the year...just not this week. I came back to mom and dad's and took a long nap on the couch. It was wonderful.
Aaron always waits until we get here in town to buy my Christmas presents. He let me sleep in yesterday morning and took the kids to Wal-Mart and to some other places in town. His favorite place to shop is Tara's. It's a jewelry store here in town that we bought our wedding rings from all those years ago and has since bought all of my nice pieces of jewelry there, too. I knew he was there on Tuesday morning, but didn't say anything. The kids ran in after being gone about 3 hours..."MOM!! We went shopping with Dad for you!" They were so excited and the girls kept their mouths shut. They only told me that they went to Wal-Mart and some other places. Well....Parker, remember now he is 3 years old, runs in and says, "MOMMY! WE GOT YOU A RING!!!" He was so excited. And of course, now am I because I am getting a new ring for Christmas...can't wait to open it up!!!:) Gotta love Christmas surprises with a 3 year old in the house.
Hope ya'll are enjoying your Christmas time with family and friends as much as we are here in Arkansas with the James side. We'll drive on the 26th down to Crestview, Florida to be with Aaron's side of the family. Keep Aaron's sister, Carrie in your prayers, too. We found out this week that she will have their baby c-section on the 28th! So, the kids will have a new baby cousin right after Christmas and I'll have a niece to buy cute little things!!
Merry Christmas, friends. We are so very thankful for all of your friendships all of these years...you are are family, too!!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Christmas babies!! Love it! Lyn and I came home from the hospital 23 years ago today!
Post ring pictures along with Christmas at the Jameses as soon as you get home!
Much love to you and yours!
Merry Christmas to you guys!!!
You were at Wal Mart the same day I was! So sad I missed seeing you. Glad you guys had a good visit and got to enjoy Bobby's breakfast-yum.
I just love your blog, Jenn. I always read it and leave feeling encouraged. I can feel your happiness in each post and think you definitely deserve it!
Post a Comment