Mexico...oh Mexico. You had warm sunshine and beautiful swimming pools. When can I come back?? We had a blast in Mexico last month with some of our dear friends from Ft. Worth. We all met a Secrets Capri Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico for 5 days of fun, sun and eating! I love friendships that feel like we haven't been apart at all. We just pick up where we left off a few months ago and I'm so very thankful for them all.
If you haven't been to an all- inclusive resort, I suggest that you save your pennies (we did) and try one out! It was such a fun time to be with friends and to have no worries for a few days. The food at this place was great...the staff knew our names by the 3rd day. "Good morning, Mrs. Green. Will it just be the 2 of you for breakfast?" Oh...it was great. I also loved not having to worry about money. EVERYTHING was included. Even tips. Totally cool. Of course, we paid for the trip months ago when we booked it, but it was so nice! We didn't do much...we just sat around the pool, relaxed by the ocean, and enjoyed the company and some times a good book. At night, we would dress up and go eat in one of the restaurants that they had on site. After dinner, we would go and play pool, games or just enjoy the excellent conversation.
Did I mention that we were at an Adults Only Resort? Our kids were well taken care of back here in Houston by Aaron's mom while we had a wonderful time with our friends. The kids were so excited to have their DD here for a fun visit of scavenger hunts, fun walks and lots of lovin' from DD! We always feel at ease when she comes to take care of the kids. And even more...we just feel so blessed that she would come and love on them while we are gone. Our family is such a blessing....
Well...if you want, you can scroll down and see some of the pics...I didn't post them all because we spent a great deal of time in our swimsuits by the pool and ocean. Sorry, blogger buddies, not going to post swimsuit pictures of me or my friends for the internet to visit!! :)

Rusty, Aaron, Ron and Chris...I'm so thankful that Aaron has such great friends!

Lorrie, Stephanie, Me and Lorie with Senior Frog...he was outside their retail store...too funny!

We shopped one day in Playa del Carmen and finally found a good "cheap" store to buy souvenirs for the kids. The guys were ready to get out of there...or just ready to get back to the pool!

Aaron and Chris were doing Sudoku puzzles...

Us together at the last night dinner!

Our beach was great...esp. considering that a hurricane was headed that direction the week before and then turned away. It churned up the water, but by the last day, the water was much better and we even got in...well, the girls did, anyway!

We were the first couple at the resort, but we couldn't check in until 3:oo...so I changed into my swimsuit and we took naps by the beach while we waited on our friends! Aaron was so out that he didn't even know I was snapping pictures.

Ron was attacking the big wheel of cheese on the first night...Italian!! Oh...the food was so yummy at all of the restaurants....oh and the desserts! We never get desserts...but at an all-inclusive resort...It's already paid for so you better it it, baby!! I'm going to be going to the gym for a year to make up for all the great food on this trip!

The boys played golf one day at this course, right on the ocean...beautiful! We girls had a spa day and it was so relaxing. I think having a spa day is a new must when we go on vacation from now on...It was a great massage with a pedicure afterwards. Not to forget the hydrotherapy complete with the plunge pool! Okay, the plunge pool I can totally live without next time!

Lorie, Me, Stephanie and Lorrie. What a blessing to have great girlfriends. We miss all of ya'll that couldn't come this year....I think we plan for St. Thomas next year. Who is in for June??
No comments:
Post a Comment