Saturday, March 28, 2009

Transportation Day!

Transportation Day at Susannah's school was this past Thursday and she had such a blast. From the time that they announced the fun day, Susannah came home and said, "I need a pink and purple airplane!!" We never had to have any other discussion! Aaron built her plane out of one computer tower box....it was so small, I kept saying, "Do you need me to go and get some more cardboard?" "Is that going to be big enough?" Oh. Wife of little faith! Engineer boy used every piece of that box and it was perfect!


The next morning, Aaron took her in the garage to see her airplane and she was sooo excited. We were just hoping that the hole that he cut out was big enough for her to get in her plane! It was perfect and she was grinning from ear to ear!
That day, after ladies bible class, one of my good friends had some leftover pink and purple paint in her garage (thanks, Jill...you are a life saver!!) so we didn't have to make the trip to Wally World! Whoo Hoo!! Little did we know, but a big storm was coming in....We took the plane outside and gave it a good coat of pink spray paint and then it started to rain!! Sus and I ran in the house and she did coat number two in pink enamel paint. Parker was taking his nap, so we spent all afternoon in the garage working on her plane. It was so cute and she had so much fun painting her plane!After the paint dried, Susannah picked every pink and purple flower sticker out of a big sticker book and put them all over her plane! Finished and and no one had to stay up past their bedtime!! I know, a first for me, but I'm getting better as I need my mommy sleep! Aaron went to school with us the next morning to help us deliver the airplane for the big "show off" and there were some really cool cars, planes and even a hot air balloon with real balloons!! It was a fun day and I know Susannah was so proud of her pink and purple airplane!!

4 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

Wow! I think I got behind on your posts since you're catching us up! I love the plane! Susie is so sweet!

I laughed when I read about you thinking there wasn't enough cardboard. These men never fail to surprise and amaze us. Why do we question?! There are many times I'm sure Mike is secretly rolling his eyes on the inside when I can't figure how he's going to make something work!

You guys are awesome and I love keeping up with you through your blog!

Deanna said...

Larry was always the engineer for our transportation days. (How do guys make such cool things out of cardboard???) I was just the decorating crew. You all did a great job on Susie's plane! I'm sure she was very proud!

David and Olivia said...

So cute! The plane did turn out wonderful. I still remember doing projects out of cardboard with my Dad. They are treasured memories for me and I know your girl is just loving all you do for her too!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Smart Aaron, Cute Susie, Neat airplane!