Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break, Part 1

I know, I know...I'm behind on spring break posts. So, here you go...

The first morning of spring break, Aaron went to play basketball up at church and on his way home, he picked up donuts for the kids! What a great way to start spring break...we love donuts, but we hardly ever get them. We didn't do much but play outside at home and of course, Grace read. She is on #4 of the Harry Potter series. She read the first 3 books in one week. Now that school has started back, she has slowed down but I know she is already getting excited for the weekend when she can get back to Harry and his friends.


On the second day of spring break, we went with some of our friends to Founder's Park at the DFW Airport. This is about the closest you can get to the airport without paying for a ticket! The airplanes would land so close and the kids thought it was pretty cool. The kids would roll down the hill a couple of times and then stand at the fence at watch the planes land. I love the free days of spring break!
They had a whole afternoon of play with just a blanket, hundreds of ladybugs and of course, their friends. It was a fun and relaxing day.

No comments: