We are going on a wonderful trip in less than a week. Just me and Aaron and 2 other couples. Aaron's mom is coming to stay with the kids....So, naturally what should happen this week? Yes, the sickies! Susie threw up yesterday afternoon around 4:00 and has been laying on the couch ever since. She woke up this morning and came downstairs, very proud of herself, saying,"See Mom, I'm all better, I didn't throw up last night!" Yet, she is still on the couch, white and looking puny. We will see what today brings. She did get us out of going to the church "tex-mex" potluck last night and for that I am a little happy. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being at church and visiting with my church family. I really do, it is one of my very favorite places to be but what I don't like is potlucks. I have never liked potlucks and even more so during cold and flu season. EHHH! The thought just makes my stomach churn. You don't know who is healthy and who is not...how clean their kitchen are...so on and so forth. Aaron loves potlucks and I starve at them. I bring a tray of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches most of the time so that I can guarantee that my kids and me get to eat! So, when she threw up yesterday, I was secretly a little happy that we didn't have to go to church. Not happy my little one was sick, just happy that I got to eat pizza at home!! :)
My mother-in-law flies in tomorrow night, my father-in-law flies in Wednesday night and my sister-in-law flies in Thursday night. We haven't all been together since Parker was a tiny baby. I think it will be a fun weekend...if we can get over this sick stuff and not pass it on to anyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know I feel your pain! We have had a pretty good winter but I still get that terrible feeling every time one of mine gets sick. I hate this time of year!!! I will pray hard for you guys this week. Last time Bailey got the tummy bug, she never passed it on to any of the rest of us, so there is hope! And just like you guys, it was the week before we were supposed to go on vacation! Think positive. Everything will be great and a week from now you'll be laying in the sunshine while we freeze!
Oh yuck! Thanks for putting that idea in my head. We were at the potluck with full plates along with a bunch of other (possibly sick) people. I hope little Susie feels better soon. I know it is hard to leave your kids when they don't feel good. Hard, but not impossible. :)
I'm with Aaron - I love potlucks! Must be the Methodist in me.
Where are you headed?
My dad has always been an anti-potluck guy and I always laughed at him for this. It is true, you never know who is sick and who isn't and what they are bringing to the table with them. Enjoy your trip with your friends.
Post a Comment