Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're HOME!!


We got home yesterday afternoon about 1:00....it was a long and very tiring flight, but worth every minute of it! We left Maui at 5:30 pm and spent a few hours in the Honolulu airport (it is so beautiful, by the way) and then we were off to Salt Lake City and then home. The flights were long and full so you couldn't really stretch out, but it was just the two of us so we were just fine! There were many families there with little ones and it was a killer flight...I just kept thinking, maybe we'll take a family trip to Hawaii when they are older but not anytime soon!! Aaron's mom picked us up at the airport and then we went to pick up the kids from their different places that they were at to give DD some time to herself. Parker gave me the biggest hug and didn't let go for quite a while...love that little boy. Susie screamed when we got to her classroom at school and she kept saying, "I'm so glad that you are home!" Oh, love that little Susie Q. Parker stayed home and took at nap with DD while Sus, Aaron and I walked to pick up Grace from school. I honestly didn't think that Grace missed us that much. I guess that I was wrong....she held on to me and did not let go! It was wonderful! I missed my little redhead.

The last few hours we were in Maui, we went for a last little walk in the downtown section of Lahaina. It's all right along the shoreline...wait, we were in Maui, almost everything is along the shoreline...but it was neat to have all of these cute little shops right there with the beach and ocean. This was my Hawaiian Shaved Ice in Maui. It's called a Volcano...vanilla ice cream with shaved ice on top. The brown color is rootbeer flavor and the red is cherry flavor. It sounds gross, but it was sooo good!!

This is the resort that we stayed in...it was beautiful and we loved every minute of our stay at this place. Ka'anapali was a wonderful place to stay.
Here are the kids with all their "hawaiian loot" that we brought home for the kids...Aaron brought this little ukulele home from for Parker. I think he bought it for himself if you want to know the truth!
Grace and Sus love their new grass skirts...they put on a full hula show for us after they got all dressed up!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you had a nice vacation. I really enjoyed when Jim and I went to Maui several years ago. I loved the little town of Lahaina!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

So glad y'all are home! We missed y'all! Can't wait to hear all about it and see more pics!

Jessica said...

THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE HOME.
i love the pics....
a. the big sunglasses rock. keep up the good work.
b. i have missed our morning/afternoon talks....
love you lots...

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Glad you are home and that you had a wonderful trip! I know you make wonderful memories to last a life time and your kids look really cute in their new grass skirts!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the kids were glad to have you home!!! Their pictures are so cute!
Sounds like Maui is the place to go...I've only been to Honolulu, and right around that area-sure was beautiful.
Love, Mom

Shana said...

Looks like you had a blast! Welcome home!