I told myself when Parker was born that I wouldn't send him to pre-school until he was at least 3, maybe 4 years old. He's my baby, the last one at home...yadda, yadda, yadda, you know. I bet I answered this question at least 30 times before school started, "So, are you going to enroll Parker in pre-school this year?" And to every person, I answered, "No, next year. This year we are going to have fun at home together. Plus he takes a great nap here at home and I would hate to lose that great nap." Well, you can tell by this post that I am now eating those words!
Grace wanted a picture of the 3 kids going to school on Tuesday before she left!
The sun was bright and his little back-pack was not so little!!
Aaron gave me the green light last week to enroll Parker in the 2 day a week program that meets at our church. It's a great program. I really can't brag on it enough. The directors are AWESOME and the teachers do so much for the kids. Susie LOVES going to school there so naturally, Parker wants to go, too! He did great his first day of school. Since most of the kids have already been going for a few weeks, we thought that there might be an adjusting time. Nope. Not Parker. He walked right in and didn't even turn around. So cute. It could help that his pre-school class meets in his bible class room though...so he is perfectly comfortable and I'm so very happy.Now you know that Parker is an official "big boy" or so he says because he now goes to school! I've been busy this week up at Grace's school and now I'm going to get on cleaning up the playroom before it's time to go and pick he and Susie up!!

10 comments:
Enjoy being a PTA mom. You know that all PTA moms are liars and thieves.... They always say, "Could you do this or that - it won't take very much of your time!"
Yeah right! And they steal ideas from every body every where...if it works use it!
That Parker is really growing up!
CUTE STUFF! I think his backpack is bigger than he is! I just want to squeeze him.
I did the same thing with preschool... I thought Lauren would wait until she was 3 like Lucy did, but somehow with 3 at home, it started sounding better and better to let Lauren go too! Now she goes and loves it! Glad your kids had a good start to the school year. Too bad we can't say the same for the Vols...
Is Parker doing the "Happy Dance" in that last picture? I just love that your kids so confident in all that they do.
He's a doll. You and Aaron have done a great job with the kids.
Ha ha ha - Caroline is a preschool dropout! The hours that the school needed help didn't coordinate with her school schedule, so I opted to pull her out and keep her to myself just a wee bit longer. Next year though I'll do it . . . I promise . . . maybe! (-:
I can't believe he's such a big boy! He's not supposed to grow up this fast! He was still in an INFANT CARRIER when we met!
My son doesn't look back when he goes into his preschool class either. I always thought I'd have until at least 4th grade before he got tired of hugging and kissing me goodbye--I had no idea it would end at 3...
Btw, I thought of you when I read this news article...http://abcnews.go.com/WaterCooler/wireStory?id=5900965
How sweet and I love all the shots you got of Parker being a big boy! What a great opportunity at school with all those Moms... I know you'll do great and who knows what mom you need to meet who needs to know Christ a little better!
Parker is such a big boy! What a cutie! I got involved with PTO this year too. I think both of us just have a hard time saying no. :)
Post a Comment