Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!


Let's see...

Here are 10 Things that I am thankful for this morning!!


1. School!! Grace is back at school and loving EVERY minute of being there...new books, new teacher and new friends.

2. Supportive Friends. Yesterday a group of us moms went to lunch to talk about the first day of school...many of them had first time kindergartners and had some fun stories to share. I just enjoyed listening and being with my friends!

3. Birthdays! Yes, my birthday was last week. My sweet family made me a cake and we went to dinner with friends. It was great! I know, when you get past 30, the words great and birthday shouldn't go together, but for me they do. My friends are the best and I loved my birthday.

Aaron and the kids made me this cute cake for my birthday!

Eating dinner with lots of good friends.

4. Women of Faith weekend. Oh my word! If you even live near a conference site, you need to go. It was a great weekend with christian sisters and great music and speakers. Just the best way for us to start out our school year. Loved it and will go back next year!

5. Pizza. Yes, the kids were so tired after the first day of school and they wanted Pizza for dinner and that is what they got!! We all went to bed early last night and it was great!!

6. Good mornings. Grace was up and dressed before me, again this morning. She is a great morning girl and for that I am so very thankful....mainly because I am NOT a good morning person!!

7. Active church family. This past Sunday, we put on a "Back to School Blessing Bash!" and it was great. We had bounce houses, sno-cones, popcorn, outside games and then a devo to kick off the school year in God's direction. The prayer where we circled our kids and prayed for a great year was a tear jearker and I'm so very thankful. Loved it, Byrnes!! I want our children to know that they are loved and supported by a loving church family. The place was packed and we all had a great time!

The sno-cone stand was their favorite! Thanks Mr. Todd!!

Byrnes, you are the best bounce house "bouncer" ever!!

The Parachute was a great time for all the kids.
I took this picture as people were coming in...the place was packed and we ran out of seats!! It was super!!


8. Football season!! The best time of the year!! The kick-off classic is this weekend and I'm going to be watching on Saturday.

9. New toothbrushes...Yes, they are wonderful. Last night I went to the store after we put the kids in bed. I bought Parker a Spiderman toothbrush. Yes, I am now officially the best mom in the world to him because he hasn't put down that new toothbrush and he has been up for 2.5 hours today!! Oh, the little things!!

10. VACATIONS!! Yes, my husband has surprised me with a trip to MAUI and we leave in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait! Aaron's mom is flying down to stay with our kids and love on them while we will be on the beach. We've never been to Hawaii and that is one place that we both have wanted to go....so now we are off!! If you live around here, I'm counting on you to check up on my mother in law and make sure she is okay!! :) It's for our 10 year anniversary and for my birthday all in one and now I'm off to find some fun stuff to do while we are there. Any suggestions???

Now go and link your list on X-Box Wife and share your blessings with others!! Happy Tuesday!!

11 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Sounds like your life is going great and I am so happy for you!

Beth said...

How fun that you are going to Maui!!! We went there on our honeymoon and I can't wait to go back someday! Here are a few things I remember that were great. One is The Road to Hana - it is a long drive around a mountain on a semi-scary road, but people go all the time. Along the way there are beautiful waterfalls, flowers, views, etc. We went pretty early in the morning and then ate lunch in the town of Hana at the hotel there, it is a beautiful place! Another good place to eat breakfast was called Stella Blues Cafe, kinda of an eccentric place, but the Banana Macadamia Nut pancakes were so yummy! Their website is www.stellablues.com. Oh, and you must experience a juice they call POG - passionfruit, orange, guava I think. You can get it at any grocery store. I hope you have a GREAT time!

David said...

Ditto on Road to Hana. Do this if nothing else. If you want to make it first class rent a jeep, roll down the windows and pull back the top.

Mom said...

I love your ten lists. Charley and I went to Hawaii last year for our 10th anniversary and it was so wonderful. We went to Kauai not Maui but I have been to Maui and it is breathlessly beautiful. You will love it and have a fabulous time:)

Mom said...

Hey My last comment came up mom because I am on my moms computer and I had to enter under her name because it refused mine. I wasn't thinking when I made a comment it would be under her name or say mom, sorry.
Lana MOore

mzzterry said...

The prayer circle, sounds wonderful.=)
Your birthday looked great & HAwaii......wow! You go girl!!

Danna Ramsey said...

That picture with your children is precious. You are a very blessed little lady. :)

Sara said...

We went to Maui 6 years ago and loved the road to Hana..very pretty. We also did a snorkel day trip..very beautiful water and fun to swim with fish and turtles. However if you are a motion sickness person, take a dramamine!!

Anonymous said...

Maui?! That is awesome, I'm jealous! I hope you have a wonderful time, and happy belated birthday!:)

Myra said...

Thanks so much for your comments. I think the horse and buggy days had something on us with the fact that family would only move "down the road". I expect I see a post on next weeks 10 Things....one that is used by most everyone. I am so thankful for computers and cell phones and unlimited long distance. Have a wonderful time in Maui...wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Maui. Come back with your Ten favorites about Maui. So I know you thought I was a blogger wanna be, but I've changed. ritchieramble.com is now updated at least every other day. Your mom joked that she had given up on my blog, and I figured you had too. We hope to come down this fall sometime and we'll give you a call:)