I LOVE watching the Olympics! I do. I remember when I was a little girl that the only time that we were allowed to have the TV on during dinner was during the Olympics. I specifically remember sitting on the living room floor, eating my dinner on a Strawberry Shortcake TV tray and watching Mary Lou Retton win the All-Around Gold Medal. That was SO exciting!! What was that? 1984? Oh, I just love the Olympics. I guess I have rubbed off on my oldest. She woke up bright and early this morning, ran in our room (we were still sleeping, of course) and says, "Don't worry about waking up, I'm TiVoing the Olympics for you, Mom." Sweet thing.
We had to TiVo the Opening Ceremonies yesterday because we were in Graham picking up our sweet Susie. It was nice to go back and see our old house and the kids had a great time at the birthday party, too. We missed SusieQ, too. She is so quiet sometimes, but just having 2 kids changes everything. Needless to say, I did a little shopping this week and got some good deals for Grace to go back to school!Because of our trip, we started the Opening Ceremonies this morning and I got my "Olympic Goosebumps" all over again, just like I do every 4 years! There is just something really cool about seeing these amazing athletes perform on the world wide stage. I love it! You can guess what I'm going to do now...I'm off to clean the kitchen and watch some volleyball, Olympic style!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you burn a CD of the opening ceremonies? I missed it because of Murr's 80th birthday stuff. I agree totally with you. I love me some Olympics!
I'm so sorry that you two aren't here with Tim...He's having to watch the Olympics all by himself while I go hide in the bedroom and watch Reba or some other sitcom.....can't take those athletic people....makes me feel guilty!
Post a Comment