Grace went to bed last night at 7:30....she set out her clothes, her backpack, her shoes and socks....even an extra book to read at school for if she "gets bored" as she puts it. She was up, dressed and downstairs in our room this morning before our alarm even went off! This my friends, is a little girl who LOVES school and was so ready to go today!!
This is her new backpack...if you look really close you can see her name on it...she is so proud of that part because the thread color "matches PERFECTLY with the purple color of her lunchbox!" or so she says!
Aaron and Grace are ready to go to school in this picture. Notice, they are both wearing orange...Grace said, "Great color for a great first day of school!!" Aaron takes Grace to school on his way to work. This morning he came back home after he dropped her off at school because he forgot to take his lunch. He said that Grace was so antsy in the line to be dropped off. There was a car at the stop sign taking a while to turn and Grace says, "Come on lady, I don't want to be late!!"
There she is, the big second grader. I know, before long she will be going off to college. But for now, I'm just blown away that I have a second grader!! I'm off to a JourneyLand meeting at church and then a great lunch with all of my girlfriends!! The summer sure did blow by fast. I'm so thankful that it was safe and fun!

6 comments:
She's going to have a great day!
She is so precious and so smart! Pray that she stays excited about school all the way through!
How is it possible that you have a second grader?! I mean, you must have had her when you were twelve or something.
I am so glad that Grace loves school so much! Easton was a little more reluctant than Grace was (you can read more on our blog) but we made it through. Hopefully he will be all smiles when I pick him up.
BTW- I left you a comment on Sara's blog. he he.
Is it just me or does she look really tall? and beautiful too of course :) I'll tell you what you need in that flower pot, some good 'ol fall time mums :) Hope some good fall weather will come your way soon!
Grace is just a beautiful little girl! Aren't you glad she enjoys school so much! What a blessing!
Post a Comment