It's Ten Things Tuesday again!! Go over to X-Box wife and post your 10 things that you are thankful for this week, too! This has just been such a busy week. Here is a quick 10 things before we head off for our busy day!1. I'm thankful for my husband. We had a wonderful anniversary celebration this past weekend. FYI, don't go and see the newest Mummy movie. It's terrible, but we found a way to laugh ourselves to the ending. We had a fun dinner on the roof of a great restaurant and walked and talked around downtown. It was the best and so is he.
2. I'm thankful for great families that help us with our kids. Our favorite two babysitters and their parents volunteered to watch our kids while we were out for anniversary celebration. We are so thankful for them!
3. I'm thankful for our new worship center finally getting done!!
4. I'm thankful that we had a great service in our new worship center on Sunday. I can't wait for the Sunday that Parker sits still so that I can make it past the 2nd prayer, too! What will that be...2010, maybe? Oh, boys are so different from girls, but I love the wiggleworm just the same!!
5. I'm thankful for all the people at church that made Sunday possible. The Elders, the hard working and running around deacons, Allan, Lance, the men passing out communion trays, the families the missed the first worship and served in the nursery (love them!) and all the families that helped with the dinner. It was a great Sunday because all the family was there together.
6. I'm so thankful for the families that came out on Saturday afternoon and helped set up tables and chairs. There was much work, but everyone worked together and got it all done in record time! Even the kids were a super big help with putting up the drinks!
7. I'm thankful for all the kids that got baptized on Sunday! There were 7 baptisms, and 6 of the kids have been in our bible class this past year. It was so wonderful to watch them be welcomed into the family with everyone standing around. I'm thankful for the Faith decisions class that Allan, Kipi and Lance did with them last week....they made some great decisions on Sunday, for sure!!
4. I'm thankful that we had a great service in our new worship center on Sunday. I can't wait for the Sunday that Parker sits still so that I can make it past the 2nd prayer, too! What will that be...2010, maybe? Oh, boys are so different from girls, but I love the wiggleworm just the same!!
5. I'm thankful for all the people at church that made Sunday possible. The Elders, the hard working and running around deacons, Allan, Lance, the men passing out communion trays, the families the missed the first worship and served in the nursery (love them!) and all the families that helped with the dinner. It was a great Sunday because all the family was there together.
6. I'm so thankful for the families that came out on Saturday afternoon and helped set up tables and chairs. There was much work, but everyone worked together and got it all done in record time! Even the kids were a super big help with putting up the drinks!
7. I'm thankful for all the kids that got baptized on Sunday! There were 7 baptisms, and 6 of the kids have been in our bible class this past year. It was so wonderful to watch them be welcomed into the family with everyone standing around. I'm thankful for the Faith decisions class that Allan, Kipi and Lance did with them last week....they made some great decisions on Sunday, for sure!!
8. I'm thankful for sweet friends. Grace went to the dentist yesterday for some pretty extensive work and 2 different (and wonderful) friends kept Parker and Susie. Then yesterday afternoon, Grace's best buddy and boy-friend (not boyfriend, BOY-FRIEND...gotta be clear) Jack brought her a Sonic milkshake and a cute card. They played MarioKart and enjoyed a little visit. And last night, her sweet friend, Maddie brought her ice cream (and great brownies for us!!) and a bag of books! Her card that she made was so thoughtful. We are so blessed with wonderful and thoughtful friends.
9. I'm thankful for a great children's dentist that did a great job on Grace's mouth yesterday. She had a tooth extracted, a pulpotomy, a crown and 2 cavities filled. All from one tooth coming in wrong, the dentist assures me....she said it's NOT from a lack of brushing. I hope that is true and she's not just saying that to make me feel good...just kidding. She is the greatest dentist and if you live around here, I will be MORE than happy to give you her name!! We are going back at 11:00 for the rest of the job to be finished. I know Grace will do great...she is a trooper! Look at her little puffy mouth!!
9. I'm thankful for a great children's dentist that did a great job on Grace's mouth yesterday. She had a tooth extracted, a pulpotomy, a crown and 2 cavities filled. All from one tooth coming in wrong, the dentist assures me....she said it's NOT from a lack of brushing. I hope that is true and she's not just saying that to make me feel good...just kidding. She is the greatest dentist and if you live around here, I will be MORE than happy to give you her name!! We are going back at 11:00 for the rest of the job to be finished. I know Grace will do great...she is a trooper! Look at her little puffy mouth!!
10. I'm thankful for the rain!! We have had RAIN for the past 2 days and we are so very thankful for the cooler weather and being able to watch it fall and thank God for yet another wonderful thing that He blesses us with every once in a while here in Texas!! :)
5 comments:
Poor Grace! I am so glad that she is getting everything taken care of and that she is being a trooper!
I just got a chance to watch the raising of the cross video. HOW COOL!
Blessings in your new sanctuary. Isn't it grand to go to the House of the Lord?
Awww...Happy Anniversary. The first picture is so cute!
Awesome Sunday you guys had at church. Praise him for the Baptisms, for the new place to worship, for the fellowship you shared.
Happy Anniversary. So wonderful to be able to go out and celebrate!
Poor Grace. I just went thru a dental ordeal, I have empathy for her. It does get better!
Have a great week.
It's so great when you have dentists/doctors than you like and that take awesome care of you.
Post a Comment