

My friend, Lorie, took these pictures a few weeks ago of our family. Our church family read through the entire bible in 3 days, with each person signing up taking their turn to read in 15 minute slots. Our family just shared a 15 minute section the day that we read...we figured, we have to keep up with 2 other kids that don't read so we had better take what we could get!

It was amazing! You sat up on the stage and they were videoing (is that a real word?) and putting the video up on the big screens to your left and right, while your voice was going through the sound system. I read for about 5 minutes and then Grace started. Oh. My. Word. That little one read with such expression and meaning, I was about to cry. She missed one word and she read for 8 minutes straight! I think she would have kept on reading, but we needed to give Aaron a chance, too! It was a neat family experience. When we were done, we let Parker say, "Jesus" in the microphone so that he could be recorded saying something, too. Susie didn't want to say anything, but she was so excited to see herself up on the big screens!

8 comments:
I think it is AWESOME that your church did this - what a way to bless the families in your congregation and your new worship center!
What a GREAT idea! I teared up a little reading about it, I can only imagine how you must have felt sitting right there with Grace.
So, how did it work? Was everyone there for the whole 3 days or did you just go for your 15 minutes? It sounds really neat!
Each family, or person, signed up for a certain day and time...What I thought was special was that the Singles group signed up for the weird hours of the night because they knew that it would be hard for people with kids to come at 3 am and read! Our small group signed up for Saturday from 4:00-6:00 pm and we split it up between our group.
What was really cool was that the whole church was there on Sunday morning at 8:45 when they read the last verses in Revelation to end the reading of the whole bible!
You could come in at any time though...Thursday through Sunday and sit and listen to who was reading. It was neat. The church office staff said that it was really hard to get things done in their offices because they wanted keep going down to the worship center and hear who was reading every few minutes!! It was really neat!!
That is so neat and such a good example for the children! Your congregation sounds really neat!
That is the COOLEST thing! I love the idea of the reading and the cross raising. How special! That Grace is quite the reader! Way to go, Grace!!!
Wow! What an experience! How special your kids must know they are and know others think they are when they have opportunities like that with their church family. Thank you for your encouragement. I missed seeing you this summer and I am excited to catch up on your blog...it is the other one I have missed the most (Danna's is the other). Ya'll are just so fun and real! Love you and I really hope to continue this "different" kind of friendship throughout our lives. How neat will that be...and to think we first met at my house in Russellville during CHRISTeens (is that right? I am pretty sure I remember you and Shannon P...I am not sure who else). :) My kids are outside playing with the Martin's daughter so I better get busy while I can. :)
What a neat time with your family. I know it will be something that they remember for years.
miss you
ant
Post a Comment