Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What we have been doing...

I know, I have heard from several of you about my 10 Things and I just didn't get to the computer yesterday. We knew a storm was coming in so we played outside as long as we could last night. Okay, I had a really cool video of Grace on the trampoline, but blogger is being difficult and won't process my video-that or it takes 3 hours for a video to process and I know that isn't right.

The "Parker on the Potty" days have been going pretty good. One of my great friends (and I say great, because not many people would keep my Parker while their little one was at school and it was their day "off") kept Parkerman while I had a children's committee meeting yesterday. He told us he needed to go to the potty, but I think he had already finished his business. No big, I would rather change one stinky diaper rather than 7 (or more) a week!! He is doing super. I just have to remind myself that he isn't even 2 yet so the fact that he is telling us that he needs to go is a big bonus!
Grace has one softball game left and then the season is over. She has been doing amazing (she's my kid, I can brag.) Of course, she and 2 others are the "big girls" on the team. I'm thankful that she has a season (and a sport) where she can shine. Not all kids get that and Grace will not have that when she moves up a league in the fall. It's great while it lasts!!Susannah has one (half) day of school tomorrow and then she is finished for this school year. They have a "splash day" and we are hoping for no rain. Of course, we had a zoo trip planned with our bible class today and it was grey and raining this morning...what is it now? Yep, sunny and not a drop! If we had all loaded up and gone it would have poured. Oh well, next week we are going to a cool park with a neat trails system and that should be fun for all of us! Susannah loves Wednesday play days and is not happy with me right now for not taking them to the zoo.
My Mother's Day was WONDERFUL! Aaron and the kids took me to Buca di Beppo for lunch (one of my favorite places) and then we had a nice day at home followed by a fun park trip that evening. They bought me new bedroom furniture which will be delivered on Friday....I'm SOOOO excited. We bought a set of bedroom furniture from Goodwill for $100 when we were first married and now that we are getting to be grown-ups, we decided it was time for some real furniture! So, on Saturday, I will be letting people come and see my "new room!" I can't wait! Now I need to get off here and start shoveling out my room so that we can give the old furniture back to Goodwill for some other young married couple with no money and make room for my new furniture! YIPPEEE!!

8 comments:

Kathryn & John said...

Parker will be really upset with you someday for the potty picture...hahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

You know, you could use that Parker photo for some serious bribing in about 15 years. LOL

Shana said...

Wow! You got a wonderful Mother's Day gift! Send us pics!

We had our first interview tonight. I will keep you posted.

Rushton said...

Whew! OK, good to know. Ya know, though I haven't seen you since you were, oh, around 14 and taking part in various "activities" with Reagan, I've come to need to hear about you and your family!

Jill said...

That picture of Parker reading on the potty is too cute! You'll have to post a picture of your new bedroom furniture!!!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

You are so fortunate that Parker is using the potty already! He's really young for potty training! What a smart boy he is!

Glad you had a good mother's day!

Skelty said...

So is there still going to be a pile of clothes next to your new bed?

Jennifer said...

Jenn, your love of where you live and the community you have found gives me hope for Dayton! I have to admit I'm a little nervous about it, but take great faith from your experience. By the way, I'm with the others that say Parker is going to get some serious embarrassment from that picture but use it well when he won't do anything you want as an adolescent!!!!