
Here it is Tuesday again...I LOVE it!! Go over to my good pal, Mrs. Brownstone @ X-Box Wife and share your list, too! I'm going to get to get your random 7 things tag sometime this week, Jill (Hopefully!!) Until then, here are my 10 things!
1. The RAIN! Yes, I love the dark and quiet mornings where everyone is sleeping so peacefully. My new flowers are getting a drink and I love the sound of the rain. We were late for Susie's school because I let the 2 little ones sleep late!
2. My friends. Yesterday we took our kids to a great park and took them on a nature hike that was BEAUTIFUL. They hardly played on the equipment at all, most of our time there was out on the trail. This past weekend I got to be with them all at the Ladies Retreat. It was so much fun and I enjoyed making some new friends, too.
3. I'm thankful for people who love my kids. On Tuesday mornings after we drop off Susie, Parker and I walk down to the church office. Those girls in the office are wonderful (and I really mean that!) They always love on Parker and give him lots of candy...but they really do like him and it feels good to know that other people love our kids, too. I'm thankful for everyone over in our church office. They put up with me and my kids!!
4. Our recruitment Sunday was awesome! I got new workers for the nursery and we got lots of new volunteers for teachers in our kids bible classes. On Thursday our committee gets to go up to OKC to look at a new program that we want to start in the fall here at our church. I can't wait to see JourneyLand at a big congregation and how they use it for their kids!
5. I'm thankful for friends who let my friends play at their houses. Really, I could not go to OKC if my kids couldn't go and play at friends houses for the day. I love ya'll!!
6. Our minister, Allan, is the best. I really do love all of his words of encouragement from the pulpit...on Sunday he encouraged us to talk to our kids during communion and not just to "shh" them as the plate goes by. We talked to Grace and Susie about the bread and the cup. We let them touch it and ask questions. It really was great and I so appreciate his suggestions to make them part of the service. Go over to his blog and check out his words...they will move you to include your children, too.
7. My friend, Jill, for encouraging us to write down our 10 things. I just went over to her 10 things and saw that we almost have the same list. Can you tell that we are friends?? She is such an encourager and and I appreciate her and all of her many talents!!
8. I'm thankful that Aaron got to play in a golf tournament. He loves playing and he loves playing more when it is a work tournament and can play for free!! He also had a great score and played a hard course....I can't wait for Grace to get involved. I loved playing golf with my dad when I was her age. It was just our time together. Aaron also won a new putter in a drawing that they had last night! He was so excited when he got home and I'm so glad that he enjoys getting out and having fun playing golf.
9. Tonight I get to go to a scrapbooking party...no, I'm not a scrapbooker, but I get to be with my gal friends and enjoy my evening out. Aaron is going to the movies with the boys later and I know he will have a great time seeing "Iron Man"...I can't wait until he takes me!!
10. I'm thankful that God put us here in Texas. I love it here. We have moved many places in our married life, but being here takes the cake! Our church family, our friends, our schools....really there are blessings every where!!!! Now if we could just get our family to come and see us, now that would be great!
Now, go over to X-Box wife and post the link to your list today!!
10 comments:
Sunday's service was great! It was a special time to have the opportunity to explain to the girls about why we eat the bread & drink from the cup.
I am SHOCKED that you didn't add Parker using the potty to your list...we'll call it Eleven Things Tuesday this week for you! I completely understand the victory that is, especially for boys. I'm impressed he's already doing it!
You are right...I have 11 things now...He's only done it for me twice. He does it for Aaron almost everyday! They play ball while he sits on the potty...it is so funny!
I have to echo the people loving on your kids... I was trying to explain it the other day to a couple who doesn't have kids yet and it's just so hard to do. There's nothing sweeter to the soul, or more endearing to have people who love and love on our kids!
I love the rain, too. There's no better way to wake up than to hear rain on the roof! I loved your list!
Alright, we are stealing the communion idea. That is fabulous! (Although, Eliza is the only one who grabs at it and I don't think she'd really understand if I started explaining ...)
Okay...I need more Children's Ministry committee ideas. We had a great meeting tonight. I think I need to come attend one of your meetings.
You get to go to another Journey Land? Cool!
And yes we are soooo happy the Green family is in Texas. Although I still wish it were GRAHAM TEXAS, but Fort Worth will work just fine. Just don't move back to Arkansas b/c we don't get to Searcy that often. :)
Yes, we will come to visit!! But you're too busy to have company!! Just kidding I think we have too much going on to get away. We do love you all.
Graduation was precious!!! I will post pictures soon!
Hey! Everything OK down there? I'm home from work, I've been to knitting, and I've planted 5 pounds of potatoes and there isn't a 10 things Tuesday to unwind with! Hope it is because you're having a lovely, but busy day.
Post a Comment