
Here it is Tuesday again...I LOVE it!! Go over to my good pal, Mrs. Brownstone @ X-Box Wife and share your list, too!
1. I'm thankful for coffee. Yes, I am and today was a day when it was so needed that Coffee makes the #1 spot!! I'm still drinking it and it's 12:20....that tells you that we were up way too late last night.
2. I'm thankful for beautiful weather. This morning I just slipped on a sun dress and my new croc flops (mine are all black so that I can wear them with anything and everything!) and headed out the door.
3. I'm thankful that Susie is so low key. Really, this morning she got dressed, brushed her teeth and went to the car without even being told. She is my kind of gal!!
4. I'm thankful that Aaron is a great dad. Grace's softball coach had to step down from coaching so now Aaron is stepping in and being Grace's softball coach. Not what we had planned, but he did have a great time last night being out there on the field with her playing. Grace was pretty proud too...she had 2 homeruns and a single last night!
5. I'm thankful for family dinners. Last night Parker kept us all in stitches. He was so funny. He stabbed his bread with his fork and was making it dance until the bread fell off onto the floor. Then he says, "Uh Oh!" and then Daisy runs up to eat his dropped bread and he yells, "Nahhh, DAISY!!" He did several other things too...maybe our giggle boxes were turned on, but it was funny last night for sure.
6. I'm thankful for the laundry. I am. It reminds me that I do have a washer and dryer that work and that are mine to use. It also reminds me how blessed we are to have clothing that we can store up and go for long periods of time without washing. I just need to remember that when I'm folding the mountains of laundry later today.
7. I'm thankful for family. My mom is going to come this summer and take care of the kids when Aaron and I go on a "mommy and daddy vacation!" It's our 10 year anniversary this summer, I think we are due!! The kids will have so much fun with their Nana...they are so busy we hardly ever get to see them, so I'm thankful that mom is working around her busy summer schedule to come and have fun with the kids!
8. I'm thankful for healing. My toe wasn't broken after all, I guess. Someone at church said that if it was really broken that it would have turned black and there would be no way that I would be walking so much. One week later and I don't even have a bruise on my toe! It's still tender, so if I can just keep Parker from stepping on it, I'll be good!! Also, Parker's little ear is back to normal after getting bit by something this weekend....kids bounce back so quick!! :)
9. I'm thankful that my kids have great friends. Grace went to a super fun slumber party this past weekend and has another fun Friday night already in the works with some other friends. Friends are some of our very best blessings!!
10. I'm thankful for unexpected joys in life. From the $10 that Grace's DD (Aaron's mom) sent her in the mail that she used to buy us all ice cream last night with to special phone calls that happen just when you need them. God has richly blessed us with so many things and I am so very thankful!!
8 comments:
Hey, you were thankful for laundry and I was thankful that it is done!:) (Mine took me two days to complete, though...I let it get waaayy backed up!) Oh, and coffee was on my list today, too...again!:) Oh it was so wonderful this morning. I hated it when I was done with my second cup...how many cups do you drink?
That's so cool that you & Aaron are going on a trip together! Brandon & I went to Cancun last year to celebrate our 13th anniversary. You will have a blast getting away!
oh that is so sweet that Grace bought all of you ice cream with her money. Easton wanted to order pizza tonight and I told him that would be great if he wants to use his money to pay for it, but then he decided that eating at home would be just fine. He heard that Star Wars toy calling his name with his money. ha!
ATTENTION: FELLOW BLOGGERS.....IT'S ME, JESSICA...JENN'S LITTLE SISTER......
keep reading.....
when i was about 15--jenn was older and always stole my clothes, shoes, etc....she was really mean.
Well, one day...we got into a fight (as all sisters do) and she shoved me into a door, hard!
Needless to say.....she broke my toe. This brings me to the other day...she called...boo-hooing about her toe. Pa-lease! Been there! Done That!
THANKS TO YOU!!!!!
What goes around....Comes Around. And yes, it was broken!
Love ya, Sis!
The secret life of Jenn revealed . . . and here I thought you'd been sweet all your life. *wink*
Just to let everyone know: Jess, you were not completely innocent either!! :) And for the record, I wasn't boo hooing over my toe...just looking for a little sympathy!! he he he
Love you and we can't wait for you to come and visit in a few weeks, little sister!!!
I love to read that Jess hasn't lost a bit of her spunk. Way to call it like it is little sister! We have to keep our big sisters on their toes (broken or not!) Amen, Jenn to number 6. We didn't have a washing machines or dryer when we were in Kenya. Everytime I do laundry I am so thankful for my wonderful machines, constant electricity and that warm fuzzy I get everytime I'm folding freshly dried clothes!
Trip! Trip!
Glad that your toe isn't broken...is Mr. Brownstone the one offering the diagnosis? He's broken many bones in his day!
I'm thankful for friends, too!
Post a Comment