Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!


Here are my Ten things for today. Go and post a link to yours at X-Box Wife!

1. Parker is back in his own room now and loves looking at the balls on the walls...hey, that rhymes! I'll have to post a picture later of his "Tennessee Vols" room....very boyish.

2. I got to work out with Mrs. Brownstone this morning at the gym. I'm so glad that she is back at the gym again.

3. The weather. Yes, I LOVE the rain and I can't wait for it to come pouring down. We need a good afternoon shower today.

4. Health. All of the kids and adults at our house are well and doing great.

5. Naptime. Parker is sleeping and I'm about to do some much needed laundry.

6. Grace got up this morning and cleaned her room and made her bed. Disclaimer: Her daddy told her if she did it every day for a month she could get a fish. So, it's not completely on her own, but she is a good little cleaner! I'll keep you posted if it really happens for a whole month! Until then, I'm going to enjoy seeing her room so clean!

7. Church family. Parker and I walked in the church office this morning and he gives hugs out to everyone there. I love all of the relationships that we have made from our small groups to the bible class teachers. Special people that want to help us get our children to Heaven.

8. Susannah spent the entire time at Grace's softball game last night playing with play dough. Just sat there, chillin' having a great time. I'm so thankful for her sweet and independent spirit.

9. Parker's head is healing. Last week, he fell off the trampoline (yes, I was out there, the door wasn't zipped up and he just bounced out...) and busted his lip open. Having a little boy is such an adventure. Here is my favorite though....We were eating lunch a few minutes ago and I said, "Parker do you want to sit on the couch with Mama and finish your lunch?" His reply, "BALL!" I LOVE it! We have been sitting on the couch much of the past week watching basketball on TV and I said, "Oh, do you want to watch basketball with Mama?" He nodded a big yes and said, "Baball"...oh, so proud!!

10. Quiet time with Aaron. Last night we watched a great basketball game (my pick won!!!) together just hanging out. Tonight is the Lady Vols game...we will see if they pull out 2 years in a row!

8 comments:

Shana said...

Great list today Jen! Sounds like Parker and Lexi need to hook up and play. She is always getting hurt. I am afraid that someone is going to call CPS on me with all of her bruises!

Anonymous said...

I love rainy weather too. It drives me nuts when weather forecasters say "When will this rain stop?" right after it starts. One of my biggest pet peeves. Your list was awesome. I love that Parker was excited to sit with you to watch a ball game on the couch!:)

Jill said...

Isn't great that "Hoozana" just sat there & entertained herself! You have such sweet kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Not just "Balls on the Walls", but "Vols Balls on the Walls"!

Aaron

Kathryn & John said...

Jennifer, I love reading your Ten Things Tuesday. They always put a smile on my face. I feel like I know the kids, you and Aaron better because of your posts.

Danna Ramsey said...

Good that you put quiet time with Aaron. That is absolutely something to be thankful for, and something I know I took for granted before kids!

David said...

I see you've been sneaking around my blog. I will not pay you to keep it secret. If I thought people were actually looking (other than Aunt Pat and mom) then I may expand the scope a little.

By the way, when Dillon was little Shanna took him to the doctor because he was turning orange. We though jaundice, naturally, since he was the first child. It turned out to be his love for mashed carrots.

Don't get any ideas...

David said...

The online community has been warned:

http://davidbyrnes.blogspot.com