Monday, April 21, 2008

Our weekend....


We had a great fun filled weekend here at our house. Nothing big and exciting but it was fun for us family folk. Grace's field day was on Friday afternoon. Being the great mom that I am, I decided to drive by and see how things were going at school. Mind you, I have 2 other kids in my car that really want to see what their sister is doing as well. So, we stopped and were spectators at field day for 3 hours. I know, I wasn't going to stay that long, but Parker and Susie were being so great and it was so fun watching Grace have a good time with her friends. We just decided to stay for the whole rest of the day and took her home with us when it was over. We didn't have much time from after school to "the camp out" better known as the Brownstone Bash of May of 2008. It was great! The kids camped out in one of our good friends back yard. They had hot dogs for dinner, made smores by the fire pit and got to sleep in a tent that night! It was a great party.

Pick up from the party was at 8 am, Saturday morning and it was a good thing. Grace had a softball clinic at one of the local high schools here in town. It was so neat. The high school girls were doing it for free as a service project. Grace has a really fun time and learned a lot at the clinic. She got some really good one on one time with many of the older girls and is already asking to go to softball camp this summer....we will see!

After my long morning with Grace and the softball camp, I was ready for a nap...Parker, Aaron, and Susie were still in jammies when I got past noon! Those crazy kids!!! So, we all got dressed and headed out for one of the nurseries down the road and picked out a whole car full of flowers to plant in the yard. It was so fun and we planted until 6pm!! I know, we aren't very good if it took us that long to plant flowers, but our flowerbeds were a mess and we cleaned up the yard, too.

So, there you have it, because I know that you want to know what we did all weekend. Not really, but you just want to see pictures of the kids, right? Oh, this is funny. Parker got bit Saturday by something...we think a spider and his left ear swelled up so big and stuck out. See if you can see it in the pictures. We thought it was pretty funny!! And can you tell what else happened to Parker this week?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars...I am sad to say that I laughed out loud when I saw his poor ear (and I am still chuckling...not sure why it is so funny). My guess, without looking to previous pictures, is that he also got a haircut. Precious family times! I am ready for Andrew to be at home more consistently to go do fun things on the weekends!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Poor Parker! Other than the swollen ear, looks like you guys had a fun and BUSY weekend - that's why God gives children to young people. I got tired just reading about all the stuff you did! I think it took Tim 3 weekends to get the beds ready and flowers planted (of course, I was laying on the couch while he did it!).
It makes my heart glad to see you and your happy little family!

Anonymous said...

Hey, we planted this weekend, too! That's such a fun family time I think! I love your big pot with the colorful flowers in it! I'm so sorry about your baby's ear!

David said...

And you confirmed that the yeti exists via text message. Had to throw you under the bus in today's entry.

Unknown said...

did you sleep at all this weekend??

i'm with amyb...he got a haircut?

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

The flowers look great! I wish it was warm enough... or STAYED warm enough to go ahead and plant up here!
Parker's ear is pretty funny... funnier is that my hubby's stick out like that anyway. I love him though ;)

Danna Ramsey said...

Wow, your weekend sounds fantastic! Oh, but that ear!

Jenn said...

You guessed it!! He got a much needed haircut...Aaron wanted to grow it out, but I was like, "What is he, a girl?" So I just went on Thursday and we got it cut!!