Friday, January 25, 2008

Western Day and Donuts with Dad

Yesterday at Susie's school was Western Day and Donuts with Dad. She was so excited to get to ride in Daddy's car to school and to eat donuts with him. Aaron normally takes Grace to school on his way to work so he slept in a little yesterday and I took Grace to school in my pj's and glasses. I'm sure I scared the crossing guard, I'm glad that I look completely different after my shower or she might not let me cross next time!! Susie just loved that she got to spend time with Daddy by herself. I love these little days at school. Really special.

Susie was loving her little cowgirl outfit that we had to change at the last minute because she has outgrown everything in her old size! We got up and put on Grace's old cowgirl outfit and it was WAY too small on Sus, so we had to improvise with this outfit!! We took the whole backseat full of clothes on Saturday to goodwill. Their drawers were overflowing and after I cleaned everything out, it was so nice. I put all the 6X and most of the 7's up for when Sus is bigger and Grace is now officially into a size 8. Is that possible? YIKES!! The girl is going to be as big as me soon and she is only 6 years old!!! At least she is healthy, that is for sure! So now all 3 kids have all their closets and drawers cleaned out for winter or until they grow another size bigger.
Parker was so funny yesterday while I was trying to take Sus' picture on the stairs. He just climbed right up and started posing, like it was his Western day, too! I told Susie to say "Yee Haw" and use her lasso in the pic above...Parker wanted to do it, too!
Not too much going on here today. One of Susie's buddies is over for a morning playdate while her mom and dad are at their baby appt. for their newest addition that is on the way, so Sus and Parker are loving their playtime with a friend. They could care less what I am doing and are just playing together so sweet. I'm so thankful that Susie is so loving towards her little brother who isn't that much smaller than her now...

Today is report card day for Grace. We will see what she brings home this afternoon. Her battle of the books competition is on Wednesday and she is getting really excited. They got their t-shirts yesterday and they are really cute. She wore hers to school today with her cammo pants...she said she is getting ready for the battle!! :) She said yesterday, "Mom, aren't you so proud of your captain?" You bet ya, Grace...I think I am more nervous than proud today, but she will do just dandy in the competition. After all, she is just in the first grade....we have many many more times when we will be proud and nervous!

The rain is still coming down, but the temp. went up so we don't have to worry about freezing roads, thank goodness! I'm happy with my coffee and my slippers for now...a great welcome to a hopefully lazy weekend!! Enjoy some time cuddled up on the couch with the ones that you love most! Tonight is movie night here at our house...that means a cute kid movie and lots of popcorn for us. We love Fridays!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kathryn & John said...

Yeehaw. I love the picture of Susie and her Daddy. Precious.

Stay warm.
K

Anonymous said...

What fun! Parker and Isaac must have the same eating gene! I cannot believe sometimes how much he eats. It seems to be as much as an adult and his stomach is only so big. It is so pitiful though becaus he screams and signs "more" until he has something to eat. Eating out is not so much fun! I guess as long as he is not huge I will just see how it goes. Whew. It is exhausting daily though! I said a prayer for you and Aaron to be able to find someone to trade with or something so you can go out or just be together. That is huge!