Thursday, January 03, 2008

I'm glad I don't live in Iowa....

I'm not much of a political writer. Matter of fact, I'm not much of a writer. Period. But, today I am so glad that I don't live in Iowa and have the first primary in my state. Yikes! What about you? Do you have someone that you would vote for today? I read several political blogs and of course, I read the news every day...msnbc, foxnews, cnn and then the local papers, including The Daily Citizen from Searcy, Arkansas. Have to stay right in the Searcy news, you know. But, I do not watch the TV news...I know, I'm terrible. But, first, I have children and I do not want them seeing everything that is on the news around here. Goodness, if I watched the local news around here, I might not ever leave my house. Second, I don't even like my TV to be on that much and if I am going to be watching the tube, I want it to be something that I enjoy! But, tonight I will faithfully be watching the major TV stations to see how Iowa and our nations presidential race is shaping up. That is until the Virginia Tech vs. Kansas game starts and then I'm in football heaven for a few more hours! Last nights' West Virginia vs. OU game was AWESOME!! (Sorry, Steph) But I loved seeing WV just take it to the Sooners! We only had to hear, "Boomer Sooner" a few times, instead of all night!!!

Enough for now, I'm working on a HUGE project with one of my friends from church that we have (and I mean HAVE) to finish by our Saturday morning Small group leaders kick-off breakfast!! I'm almost done and have a few things to finish! I'm off...But until then, I want to know how you feel about the upcoming elections? Are you already sick of them and it's just Jan. 3?

10 comments:

Kathryn & John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn & John said...

I'm undecided, but I posted a "Candidate Matchmaker" widget on my blog. I'm not sure I agree with who it matched me up with, but it was fun to do it.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Yes, Jenn, I'm sick of it already and how on earth do you know who to believe? Every one of them says whatever they think you want to hear to get elected...right now I'm kind of leaning toward Mike Hukabee...who knows before it is over?

I wish you had been here after Christmas. too! We missed you and your mom and dad!

Shellie Salza said...

I'm for Hillary all the way! HA!!! If she gets elected we are definitely moving to Rwanda or some other far, far away remote part of the world.

Anonymous said...

Did I delete my comment or did I get censored?

Jenn said...

No, I didn't censor your comment...silly! Now, tell us what you really think!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a little cynical, but I think it's a crime the way the race for presidency has been completely taken over by the media. I don't care if my president looks good on TV. I don't care if he/she can play the guitar or the piano or (heaven forbid) the saxophone. I don't want to hear what the handlers tell the candidates to say. And, more importantly, I don't want our country to be run based on the latest poll numbers. Will someone PLEASE just step up and LEAD?!?

Whew...I feel better now! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! :)

In answer to your question, Jenn, I'm not bowled over by any of the Republican candidates, but if I lived in Iowa tonight I would probably go for Giuliani or Romney.

Rushton said...

Fred. Wish folks remembered him from the Watergate era. Young republican lawyer who had the guts to say "Mr. President, you've done wrong." He also "doesn't chew his cabbage twice." He says what he thinks and then shuts up - so that doesnt' appeal to the media bunch.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a rabid republican, but I have become cynical when it comes to our 2 party system. I think anyone who believes and candidate (R or D) have our best interests at heart are woefully mistaken. The only concern of the majority candidates and incumbents is getting in or holding on to elected office. My current system is to always vote against incumbent. While this system won't work for the upcoming presdential election, I have tweaked it to vote for the candidate who seems to want the office the least. I know that sounds weird, but these candidates that are wiling to say/do/beleive whatever they have do to court the largest section of the electorate scare the crap out of me. The whole lot of candidates strike me as a motley crew of syncophatic creeps, with no real concern for the things I care about. That said, the first one that promises to quit taking 26% of my paycheck gets my vote whether they are a donkey, elepahant, or heaven forbid an independent.

I just won't vote to re-elect them...

Antoinette said...

I am leaning toward Fred Thompson, I loved it when he would not stoop to the level of a jumping monkey for the debate where the silly moderator wanted the candidates to just raise their hand and not comment about global (farce) warming. These are very scary times with real people wanting to really destroy this country, so I am not wanting to take this lightly. I too look at someone who is willing to lead and not just look at the polls. My 2 cents