Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sippy cups are taking over the house!

 

Here is an example of the different sippy cup that we have tried with Parker over the past few months. I included the bottle because I can say we "tried" it but he never really took it, he just chewed on it like all the other cups.


 

This cup is not the one....everytime he tried it, the stopper fell out and he had juice all over him. I also figured out something else that could be why he doesn't want juice in a sippy. I had been watering it down...I always did that for the girls (I read it in some parenting magazine, what do they know anyway?) and they didn't mind but I guess Parker wants the straight stuff. He loved the juice (not the watered down version) yesterday. Of course, you see where most of it went....


 

I really think this cup (It is the newest Gerber cup that we have bought) works the best and he can actually get a sip every once in a while. We'll try to stick with this one and see if he can get it all down. As for the others, they can go back up the in cabinet with all the other ones....until Aaron gets frustrated (he's an engineer, remember)and throws them away....
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We, on the other hand, can't use the soft spouts one because they are too chewy! The kids all teethed on them instead of learning to drink out of them!

Good luck! (-:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Yahoooo! A sippy cup is found! It is amazing how something that seems so insignificant can mean so much!

Aaron throw stuff away... NO WAY.

Have a great day!

Love and 70 degrees,

laura said...

I so feel your pain as far as the Gerber spill proof valve goes... it was definitely a pain in the booty in the Bull house. I tried the Avent one too and it just seemed like Nathan wanted to chew it... and it was too many parts to clean for me. The Nuby didn't work for us because it was too fast of a flow for Nathan, when he chewed it seemed like it flowed out really really fast. I settled on the Playtex sippy cups and have been really happy. The valve is great since it's rubber it doesn't fall out and they have great handled ones to start out with and non-handled that Nathan's transitioned to now. So for what it's worth it might be worth a try :) although it looks like you've tried your fair share :)

Marie said...

I never did like the "shark fin" sippy cups- all of my kids would take one sip and that sucker would pop right out, I have to agree with Laura- we like and use the Playtex ones better. I have never had one "pop out" unless I didn't have it in their right. My kids learned on the Gerber, just because they were the only ones that had the handles at the time Caleb was born (that I could find)- but we have converted. I hope that one works for you and that he LOVES the non watered down juice. :)