Aaron and 3 other of his friends from church took off on Thursday afternoon and drove to New Mexico to hike....Here are some pictures that he brought back from their adventures. They stopped at the Big Texan while they were driving across our great big state here in Texas and tried out their fine food and then were off again for another place....The wild and exciting roads of New Mexico. he he he
The got up Saturday morning and hiked, but to tell you the truth, I have no idea what the name of the mountain is...Mt. Wheeler, maybe? I'm sure he told me, but I had my hands full this weekend with 4 kids and all....
They got to hike in the snow, which I'm sure they loved. You know those boys. They had much male bonding time, poker and stories to tell for quite some time, I'm sure.
Oh, and Kevin got pulled over....Just had to add this picture. It has to be my favorite. I was SURE to send it to his wife for her to hold over his head for a few years to come. Of course, he only got a written warning, but really, getting pulled over is getting pulled over!! I'm so glad they had fun, but now I'm ready for a non-eventful week before my family comes for Parker's birthday this weekend...Yippee!!! Still no walking yet, but he is doing a few steps here and there...he put together 5 steps in a row on Friday!
Journaling 12/8/24
1 year ago

5 comments:
At least Aaron wasn't driving! Looks like they had a fun trip. Guess none of them tried to eat that huge dinner at the Big Texan that they'll give you for free if you are able to finish it all off in a certain amount of time.
Happy Birthday, Parker! It's Laura and John's 1st anniversary this week, too!
A few stats about the hike...
13 miles (8 hours) round trip
Starting elevation - 9500'
Top Elevation - 13161'
I'll be sore for days!
Aaron
I am so happy to have a copy of the cop pic. He only got the warning because Kevin caught the guy off-guard and made him laugh with his response to the question "Do you know why I pulled you over?" They were all laughing.
Did you ask Aaron what he ate at the top of Wheeler Peak?
Here is a more detailed story from their trip, as written by one of the guys that went...Pretty good read!
http://tefer.blogspot.com/
Jenn
Hey Jenn~
It was great to chat!!! But I forgot to ask... When is mom's weekend out or off?
Love and jobs that are 24/7,
Post a Comment