Friday, April 20, 2007

What do they do?

Someone asked me the other day, "What do Parker and Susannah do during Grace's softball games?" Well, here are your answers. On Monday night, Sus was so tired that she slept thru the warm up (we have to be there one hour before the game) and woke up in time for the game to start.
Usually we go to the playground during warm up time or take a walk around on the trail that is near the fields. Parker almost always stays in the stroller for that first hour and about 15 minutes after the game starts, he wants out.
I bought some "moon sand" for Sus to play with during the games. It comes in this neat container and she can carry it herself to the game. She plays with it for most of the game and then wants to eat my ice from my Sonic drink for the rest of the game. What is "moon sand?" It is a cross between play dough and sand. It doesn't stick to your clothes and she mostly keeps it in the little container. For me, I like it because it gives her something to do during the games. An hour watching your big sister play softball isn't really exciting for a 3 year old, but she does enjoy the sand.
She got new sandals this week too. She calls them "fashionist sandals" and she thinks she is sooo big, like her Aunt Jess. What a girl. We found out last night that Grace has a game on Saturday morning and they have team pictures, too. So much for our "going no where" Saturday. We'll sneak in a nap sometime on Saturday, I'm sure!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew,move over Aunt Jess...these "fashionist nieces" are in the know! Cute pic of Sus looking way too grown up!!!Sorry about the sat.game. Have a good weekend. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled about my "not do anything" saturday. It's a good thing, too. Cliff bought a smoker and has been smoking this big chicken ALL Day. I am still awake waiting for the darn thing to be finished. Yes, he is asleep. I love this pic of Suzy Q. My new screen saver at work! What a cutie. Love you bunches!!

Anonymous said...

great idea - I'll pack up the moon sand for the games Saturday!

Amber said...

Wow, as usual you are super busy. I can't believe how big all of your little ones are!! Sweet.

Do you think I could take moon sand to church, to keep my little one occupied? Hee hee hee.

Love and moon sand,

BW said...

Did you get a notice about the art show Robbie Shackelford is having in Dallas next weekend? Reagan and I are going to try and be there. So are Dan and Keri. Think you will go?

Tammie's Thoughts said...

It's so funny to see those precious kids "posing" but what can you expect after a weekend with Aunt Jess? I don't think I'd mind to have her around to dress me especially for special occasions!