Friday, April 13, 2007

Tornado, hail and crying, oh my!

Here is what we had in our yard about 20-25 minutes after the tornado that came through our area tonight. It hit in another town, but we stayed in the closet under the stairs for a while, just in case. This is the size of the big ones in our yard. They are a little smaller than a baseball but not as small as a golf ball.
The little ones are ping pong ball size if that helps any....wouldn't have wanted to be outside during this hailstorm! Aren't we thankful for garages and strong brick homes!
Grace cried for about the first 15 minutes. "I don't want to die, Mommy, I don't want to die." I said, "Grace, where do we go when we die?" "Heaven, but I don't want to leave you, Mom!"....Then she prayed for who knows how long..."Dear God, please make the tornadoes go away and don't let us die. In Jesus name, Amen." She calmed down after she talked to her daddy on the phone and then we played with some toys and read some books.
This was taken when I finally found a baseball-about 45 minutes after the storm. The yard was pretty clean by then and most everything had melted, but they are still pretty big, I think.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rushton said...

SO GLAD you are all OK, even tho as Lyn said after her wreck, I knew you'd be OK even if you weren't with us anymore. Grace is a brave young lady.
Your hail was bigger than ours, glad you didn't have to bail any water. It has been a year this week since the tornadoes here and we are STILL not finished fixing stuff!

Amber said...

Oh my word! What will happen next in the adventurous life of super mom?
I'll stay tuned and keep you all in our prayers!

Love and no tornados just earthquakes,

laura said...

You know what I was thinking as soon as you said you entered close quarters with your three little ones? Yeah... I just knew that one of them was going to be sick while inside, so I'm thanking God that there were no pukies in the closet! :) So glad to know that you guys are okay! Did you have any roof damage? There was a big hail storm in Brownwood last year if I remember right, and lots and lots of roof damages on homes and buildings. Anyway... random facts from Laura Bull :) God bless and know you're in our prayers!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Throw-up, hail, tornadoes, what else can happen while Aaton is gone? Hope you have smooth sailing from here on out...He owes you big time.