Friday, April 13, 2007
I'm done
I'm done. Yes, I am cooked. I have washed 3 different sets of sheets today and I'm still not finished. I put the girls to bed after their bath last night and was going to relax in front of the TV and enjoy some of my favorite shows, you know....Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and ER. Yah, right. First off, Betty and Grey's were both recap shows....AHH! I just wanted to veg out and watch something new, but oh well, I'll FF thru most of it and just enjoy sitting down. You know because the little one wanted to be held most of the softball game and of course I had to stand up the whole game! :) CAUTION: The story below is about little ones and throwing up (isn't that all I blog about lately?) read at your own risk.
I was just minding my own business when Grace comes down, yes, she did it again. No fever, no tummy ache, but she threw up anyway. What is with my babies and why won't this virus leave? I thought it was all out of Grace's little system. I thought wrong, I guess. So I cleaned her up and got her back in a bed and decided to just go to sleep myself. Not for long.
Sus came down about 2 am and she threw up, but she is running a fever and feels horrible. I put her on the other side of the bed from me so that I could keep an eye on her, plus she was crying and wanted me. Of course, I made her sleep on towels, I don't want to wash my sheets, again.
I got to go back to sleep.
Then Parker started crying about 4:15 this morning. He almost always sleeps until 7 or 7:30 so I went and got him and nursed him back to sleep until about 4:45 and I heard someone throwing up in my bed (good thing I had towels everywhere, right?)...I thought for sure it was Susie. It was Parker. Yes, I had no idea that a little one could throw up that much. Neither one of the girls threw up when they were that little. Most of the time it would show up rather ugly in a diaper, but I can handle that, no biggie. It was sad. So, Parker and I went and finished out our morning on the couch. Needless to say, I am cooked. I'm tired and I know I'm going to need a second cup of coffee. Of course, I don't have to worry about going in public today so I can concentrate on getting something done here at the house....we'll see. I think I just might take a nap. Don't you want to come home now, Daddy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
REALLY wish we were closer (though not so close as to catch whatever evil bug you've got lurking at your house!)
hugs and prayers
When our kids were little, Scott would sometimes be gone for 6-9 months at a time. EVERYBODY'S bed was made with up to 3 sets of sheets with plastic between layers. Lyn and Aaron were in junior high before they knew what it was to sleep without the bed crackling! BUT! All we had to do was change clothes and wash up and go right back to bed. I'd even throw bed clothes out on the porch to hose off the next morning.
Bless you and hang in there!
I don't know who you are, Ruston, but I think you are the smartest woman in the world. I will totally do this when I have sick or potty training kids from now on!!!!!!
-- Dyane
Well,phooey I thought we'd done all the sheet washing while you were still here. Sorry it wasn't over!!! Isn't it a blessing though you don't have to go to the laundramat???
Love you and feel your pain...mom
Dyane....Thanks for having Tonda call and check on us today!! You are the best!!
Rushton....If I had that many sets of sheets, I would TOTALLY do that. You are a genius!! I'm going to do it with what I've got!!
Post a Comment