
On Sunday nights we have a small group bible study here at our house. Our group has been meeting for over a year and we are all really good friends. We eat dinner and then we have a bible study. The girls get to watch a movie while we are having our bible study and usually stay pretty quiet. Two weeks ago in the middle of our study, Grace runs in and says, "Mom, I just went poop and it was this long (and stretched out her arms like she had caught a big fish), come and see it, it won't flush!!" I was mortified. These are our friends, mind you, and they are all under 30 without kids, so they all just lost it and started laughing. I, on the other hand, had to control the poop problem in the restroom. She was right, it wouldn't flush, at first, but we took care of it and went back to our study after a laugh.
This past Sunday night, we are all gathered in the kitchen eating sloppy joes (my mom's great recipe) and the girls are sitting up at the bar eating their dinner. We're all just talking and out of no where Grace belts out, "WHAT THE HELL!!"....I was shocked....I grabbed her down from the bar and took her upstairs. Her eyes were so big. She said, "What is hell, Mom?" "Why can't I say that word?" "Am I in trouble?" So we chatted about where she had heard that and all that stuff...and then the girls went in and watched their movie and then went to bed. After they got off to bed, the whole small group just busted out laughing, except for me, of course and Aaron was off at work. Oh, just wait until they are all married and have kids that say embarrassing things!! We will see how they laugh then!!
12 comments:
How well I remember the time we were riding down the road when Joe(y) was 4 and out of the blue he said, "DAMN." When we asked him where he had heard that word. He said on the Superman movie = the very first one that ever came out. Tim and I didn't remember any profanity in it at all so we watched it again and sure enough that word was used ONE TIME in the entire movie and that is the one word that Joe(y) had to remember. At least we were in the car with just our family, but dear sweet Jennifer, I do feel your pain!
OK, I wasn't going to it cause it wasn't really MY kid.
Special ed, 20 years. Lots of stories. Sweet boy. Down's Syndrome. Potty mouth. I was helping him with his zipper and such after a trip to the bathroom. I was kneeling in front of the young man in question in the hall of the middle school when he looks over my head and says to the person behind me, "Hi, what in the hell are you doing here?" Wouldn't have been too bad, but it was the lt. governor making a trip around the state looking at the shape schools were in. When I took the young man to the principal's office, the principal had to leave the room. He was having a hard time breathing with all the laughter he was holding inside!
That's the funniest thing I've read all year, Marty thought so too. Thanks for the laugh Jen.
Oh, My! How funny, BUT....
Your face couldn't have been ay redder than mine when YOU asked loudly "Hey, mom what's a virgin" when we are sitting with the whole student body at a Harding basketball game. You had heard "Like a virgin" on the radio...
those are the times children never whisper!!!! Guess your'e payin' for your raisin'!!!Love you
Tammie,you know they have ears that can hear anything!
rushton,you must have been mortified!!??
Oh my goodness that brought tears to my face I was laughing so hard. I know one day this will be us when we have kids, but man, I can't wait to tell these stories! kids are so funny.
My Gracie would never say such a thing!
Oh my word, thank you so much, i needed that laugh before heading off to dreamland for the night. i know my day will come with my little Nathan, but for now, we're still at the babbling, mommy, daddy phase :) i will never forget my sister standing up one night at home, i think she had just started kindergarten and we were all sitting in the living room watching TGIF (remember those shows?) and announced to us all the she needed to go take a piss. My mom about died, she had heard it at school and thought it just meant pee, but my mom educated her on the difference between the two that night :)
That is hysterical! What a funny, funny girl. We talked about her just a bit the other day in Child Development class...it was all good. I wish you were here with your three cute babes for my class to observe.
I'd bet that Jennifer would be happy to being her children over for show and tell if Harding would foot the bill and of course, she'd need her mom to help her with all three children. They would be great for your class, Rebecca Jane!
Amen, Tammie!
I think that sounds great!!! I would LOVE to go back to Italy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY Q! I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment