Tuesday, January 24, 2006

No animal is safe

The weather here has been just great the past few days. We got rain, yes rain, on Sunday and it was wonderful!! I think the last time it rained was October and I'm not kidding...you know all the wildfires...yah, they are here. The girls played outside all day yesterday afternoon and were having a great time with their kittens. I look out the window and Susie has her kitten by the fur on her back and was swinging the kitten back and forth wildly like it was a pillow or something. I ran outside to stop her and she says, "I was just swinging it, mommy, it likes it." Yah, right. The look on that poor kittens face was pure terror and complete relief when I took her away from Sus. She starting purring right when I picked her up and didn't want me to put her down. Then I go back in again to start dinner and look out and they are trying to take the kittens on a wagon ride, but the (very smart) kittens kept jumping out of the wagon. At that point, I put the kittens in the garage and let the girls play outside by themselves.
Last night they were both pretty worn out after playing, dinner and their bath and they were ready for bible stories. We always read on Susie's bed because it is on bottom...Daisy (the small puppy) was already there taking a nap, when Susannah grabs her by the fur on her back on tries to swing her around the room. Who taught my sweet little one to be so mean to animals? AKKKK! So, she got in trouble and the poor puppy went to hide in the girls tent for some peace and quiet. Never a dull moment around here. I think we are turning into a zoo!!

1 comment:

MrsM said...

Me and my brother could never understand why the animals would always go to my parents and would never come to us when we where around the girls ages, I think you've stumbled onto the answer.