Wednesday, October 05, 2005

We are home!

Hey ya'll! We had a SUPER time in Las Vegas! We were gone less than a week, but by the end of our trip, we wanted to come home. Vegas was nice, but we missed the girls. In Las Vegas there are just a few things to do....gamble, drink, sight see, and go to shows. We did the latter two and had quite a fun time just being together, just the two of us enjoying the Vegas sunshine. Aaron's mom stayed here with the girls and they had a blast. Grace did tell us that she wanted to be a "grown up" so that she could go to "Las Begas" (as she calls it) with us next time. I think we are done with Vegas for a while. You can only take soo much and then you have to move on. I'll write more of our Vegas trip later. I have many things to rant about, but not now. We went last year for my friend, Angel's wedding. We went this year because we bought a "return vacation package" last year and my friend, Angel, has a too cute little baby girl now. We had a fun night with them, just hanging out at their house with the girls...(Hi Taylor and Kelsey! We love you!) and then going out to dinner. Their new little one, Callie, is sooooo cute and cuddly!! It was nice to be with an old friend. (oh, Angel, e-mail me the address of your blog!!)

Aaron and I enjoyed many great shows in Vegas....I recommend Lance Burton, the magician, if you go and visit. We are still trying to figure out how he did some of those tricks!! We went to another day magic show, Mac King, smaller audience (cheaper tickets) and he was soooo funny and his tricks were great too...kinda makes him sound like a puppy or something, doesn't it? We went to one of those impersonator shows and it was okay. I liked the Tim McGraw dude the best. The rest of them were so so. We mostly enjoyed the sunshine without the humidity in our rented red convertible mustang!! They offered us a $4 upgrade and of course, we took it! It was soo much fun. Who knew that a $4 upgrade could be such a blast! Now I know I want a convertible for sure sometime in my life! We drove to Hoover Dam and got sunburned....it was great! The hotel had a great pool and we got a little sun and just enjoyed hanging out and eating together a meal that didn't include french fries!! :)

We flew home Friday night and met my parents in Dallas and then all drove back to Graham together. I think we got here around 2 am Saturday. I was just soo glad to see my mom, dad and little brother, Jon. They came for Susannah's 2nd birthday. She woke up on Saturday bright and early, "It's my birthday, Cake, cake, cake, ELMO Cake!" She didn't care a thing that day about presents, she just wanted an Elmo cake. So, my mom and I made her a pretty cute Elmo cake, if I do say so myself!! We all (Aaron's mom, us, and my parents and Jon) went out to dinner at the Wildcatter Resort, a great place to eat just outside of town here in Graham and then we came home for presents and cake. She had a great birthday and now I'm about tired of typing as I'm sure you are about tired of reading!!

Oh, last thing...funny story from Grace....This morning I was getting Grace dressed for school and she was taking too much time, so I started counting. 1, 2....(If we say 3, she in trouble) and she says, "Mommy, can't you just count to 5 or 6 sometimes? In the mornings I need a little more time than just counting to 3." I about died!!
Off to clean!!!

No comments: