Friday, October 07, 2005

I love seasons!!

Here in Graham, Texas, the weather went from 92 degrees on Tuesday afternoon to 45 degrees yesterday! What a great cold front!!! I just love being in a state that has seasons. Don't get me wrong, I loved Alaska, I just missed the 4 seasons that we have here in the lower 48. Welcome Fall!! I have missed you these past 2 years!! The leaves on the ground, the smell of the rain, and slight breeze where I need to wear a windbreaker. It's great!

Tonight is the Homecoming football game for the Graham High School Steers. Can you guess what my little redhead is wearing at school today? Her little cheerleader outfit, for today they are taking a field trip to the high school peprally or the "pepper ralley" as Grace has been calling it all week. We have never lived in a one high school town before and it is sooooo great!!! I love the fact that all the kids go to the same school. There isn't that yucky, "My school is better that your school" attitude around town and it is sooooo nice. I guess because I spent most of my growing up going to public school and then my senior year I went to the private school (when we moved back from Florida after a 3 year vacation, he he he.) There was always that, "Our football team is better than ya'll's" or "My school is better..." You get the point. Growing up, (around 7th or 8th grade) I remember that I wanted to go to the private school soo bad, and I had to stay at the public school, I remember just crying and feeling so completely left out. Of course, that is just part of being in 7th and 8th grade, isn't it.....the start of all that girl and boy stuff....Anyway, I'm not going to open that can of worms, I just love being in Graham, where you don't feel that competion at church or around town. I'm going to get on my Graham Steers T-shirt and meet my little one at the "pepper ralley!" More later!

1 comment:

BW said...

There is nothing like a small Texas town on Friday night. You are living my school years and the first years of my married life. There was a slight difference when Gene was coaching and my presence at the game was mandatory, but I loved it anyway. Go Steers! Do they play the San Saba Armadillos, Hutto Hippos, Frost Polar Bears, or Groesbeck Goats? I love school mascot names.