This morning was Grace's first soccer game here in Graham. A little different than the soccer league that she played in for about 3 weeks before we moved from Alaska. Their uniforms here are sooo cute. Grace plays for the "Mustangs." Pretty cute. Two of the little boys from church are on a team called, "The Tax Deductions." Very funny, although they have NO IDEA what that means. Mustangs is much easier to handle and explain, I think. They let 2 coaches out on the field and help the kids chase after the ball, while another mom and I sat on the edge of the field with the rest of the team and took care of the bench. They had a great time....it was soooo hot. It was only 95 out, but it felt sooo much hotter with no breeze. I was so happy to get in the car after the game was over. The only thing that they really need here is officials. The people in charge on the field here were just the coaches and they were so busy keeping up with the kids, our 20 minute halfs were almost 30-35 min. EACH!! Oh well, Grace had fun and she should sleep very well tonight.
Today is my Dad's birthday. He is in New Jersey taking wedding pictures for a girl that grew up in Searcy, Cara Hopper. The girls had to call him on his cell phone to sing "Happy Birthday" and then when we finally got him, Susannah chickened out and Grace sang a solo. If you see him, say Happy Birthday! So, Happy Birthday, Dad. Can't wait to see you (and Mom and Jon for Sus' birthday next weekend!)
Now that the girls have one big room, we got back out their princess tent. They were so excited. They played in that tent for almost 3 hours with everything in their room. Everything was new as they put it in their tent. All the Barbies, the stuffed animals and of course the tea set made it into the tent. Grace is now down here with me, but Sus is still upstairs playing strong, with her crown on her little head!!
Aaron and his mom are up still working on the frame for the bathtub. Aaron wants to get it put in before we leave for Las Vegas. They are working hard, but I think that the trip will get here before he gets done. I'm soo excited. I have to pack and my bedroom is a remodeling mess!!!
Oh, the little brown blur in the picture below is the puppy. She moved right when I snapped the picture! I'm off to start dinner, I have NO idea what I'm going to fix, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl,
Give me a call when you get back. We need to talk!
Love and vacations,
Post a Comment